copy/paste software feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
any user has used ant of the software listed here?

I know umbra has or still uses Teracopy.

feedback would be appreciated.

PS: I have used Total Commander when moving large files from HDD to HDD (backup to HDD etc) but found it slightly slow (250GB of data).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Always used Windows default as my source of copy/move/paste.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I used Supercopier before, it works very well but is always in memory so it use some RAM even on idle, now i switched to Teracopy that have the same options but it use RAM only during the copy.

The advantage of those utility is the many options they have (like pause/resume options during copy/cut, etc...)

I strongly recommend Teracopy.

i will try Fastcopy and Extremecopy then send feedback.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
Always used Windows default as my source of copy/move/paste.

Have to agree, why get something that Windows already has?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Windows default = slow, can't pause/resume, no options. why use a classic car when you can use a formula one.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well, don't know about other people, but when I need to copy something big, I let it copy while I go off and do something else.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
I used Supercopier before, it works very well but is always in memory so it use some RAM even on idle, now i switched to Teracopy that have the same options but it use RAM only during the copy.

The advantage of those utility is the many options they have (like pause/resume options during copy/cut, etc...)

I strongly recommend Teracopy.

i will try Fastcopy and Extremecopy then send feedback.

Fast Copy requires user to browse and give destination for the file to be copied.....while Extreme Copy free version has limited features in comparison to its Pro edition.....

You can have a look to file copy software test done by raymond...

Here's the link: http://www.raymond.cc/blog/12-file-copy-software-tested-for-fastest-transfer-speed/

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
samit said:
Fast Copy requires user to browse and give destination for the file to be copied.....while Extreme Copy free version has limited features in comparison to its Pro edition.....

Yes, so Teracopy is the best alternative i found.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Teracopy is the best. I usually use Windows Default but copying large videos takes time so I use TC.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Windows default = slow, can't pause/resume, no options. why use a classic car when you can use a formula one.

That changes in Windows 8.

2MjxJ.png

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
windows 8 file copy is same as tera copy with bit better gui :)....

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ummm...you still have more options with Teracopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.