Correct Grammar : Not the Dance of Death.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
A lot of people ; MT users and non-users alike ; use incorrect grammar. At least, incorrect capitalization. I'll try my best to be the K&R of the English world. Well, not really, but I hope (I'll be) helpful.

3FA3C791AED89BA4EAD6DF55345AC0E6D14E17E9

At least, not Iron Maiden's Dance of Death.

Contents:
I : Introduction
II : Quick-reference (all tense included)
III : Maximum grammar
IV : Edits suggested by users
V : VIP notes
Introduction :

I am personally tired of every body using incorrect or, perhaps, a little...amusing. This thread has aimed to, and will continue, correct and act as a reference 'book' for every MT user. That is the reason it is in my sig. It shall help you grant at least 50% of the grammar knowledge I have. Excluding my vocabulary, if you're a n00b at English, you'll be pretty much the next NPE or Sheogorath.

Quick-reference :

All tenses :
  1. Simple Present Tense : Doer (something or someone that does the action) + main verb.
  2. Simple Past Tense : Doer + the past form of the verb. Most verbs' PP (third form) are same as v2.
  3. Simple Future Tense : Doer + Shall/will + main verb.
  4. Present Contentious Tense : Doer + am/is/are + ing form. (i.e., "I am writing this")
  5. Past Contentious Tense : Doer + was were + ing form.
  6. Future Contentious Tense : Doer + shall/will + be + ing form.
  7. Present Perfect Tense : Doer + has/have + PP (third form)
  8. Past Perfect Tense : Doer + had + 3rd form
  9. Future Perfect Tense : Doer + shall/will + have + PP
  10. Present Perfect Continuous tense : Doer + have/has + been + PP.
  11. Past Perfect Continuous Tense : Doer + had + been + PP.
  12. Future Perfect Continuous tense : Doer + will/shall+ have + been + PP.
Question tag for all tenses.
  1. I write essays, don't I?
  2. I wrote essays, didn't I?
  3. I shall write essays, won't I?
  4. I am writing essays, aren't I?
  5. I was writing essays, wasn't I?
  6. I shall be writing essays, shall't I? ("Shall't" is same as "didn't", "wasn't" etc. it is used when 'shall' is used)
  7. I have wrote essays, haven't I?
  8. I had wrote essays, hadn't I?
  9. I shall have wrote essays, shall't I?
  10. I have been writing essays, haven't I been?
  11. I had been writing essays, hadn't I been?
  12. I shall have been writing essays, shall't I been?
Quick notes :
  1. Never, ever capitalize "the", "a/an", "of", etc. while writing a title. "The Dance Of The Death" is absurd. "The Dance of the Death" isn't. Do you capitalize the "s" of "Jesus's Grace"? "Of" is just the 's' of a noun. Same goes for 'a', 'the' etc. They are NOT the title. They just indicate a grammatical purpose of a title. "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" is better than "Adventures of Sherlock Holmes". 'The' indicates uniqueness or separate identity.
  2. Da, and De have sky-shattering difference. "Theee" is pronounced when there is a vowel next to it. Thee Elder Scrolls is the pronunciation. Not "Da Elder Scrolls". A lot of Indians and Asians mistake it. All of my high school teachers failed to realize this.
  3. Usage of a hyphen ( - ) should be limited to two words. It wouldn't make sense to put a hyphen between 'un' and 'classified'. Because the word 'unclassified' exists. While the word, page-strolling doesn't exist, the two words can be made a single noun (or verb) or even an adjective if used properly. Hyphen is powerful, young one, use it wisely.
  4. Yoda-do.jpg

5. Only Master Yoda can use incorrect grammar. Must if you, shall by us arrested and shall be sent you to Jedi Order training for further.
Maximum Grammar :

I shall
We shall
You will
You will
He will
She will
It will
They will.

Can be used as...
I will
We will
You shall
He shall
It shall
She shall
They shall.

(More content will be added later, too busy I am. Rest will Yoda teach, now for)

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Except the fact that 99.9% of users won't care to click that link. It's better to have a thread than checking into a false, computer generated report.

(Sure, this short essay is a little amusing, but it serves its purpose. Intended pun)
"Damn you into Oblivion", I whispered, kicking and laughing at the air. However, not even I fancied I knew what was going on. As I embellished and emerged from the world of strange shadows, someone thinks I use a damn article. They know not, the sheer, infuriate, awing lexicon of a mantling, rambling fool.

Although the fool is, certainly, not an ancient duality This simpleton, enthusiastic follower of Madness, although a computer science fanatic, doesn't trust machine translation. As he listens to the beat of his fictitious heart, he isn't even amused by the even more fallacious belief that this machine, this heartless, cold metal box, is going to 'correct' his grammar.

Divine Comedy, they say, is Utopia. Little do they know that Thomas Moore isn't Dante or Edgar Poe. Not even the asinine Dr.Watson. If some one, some one thinks I am wrong, I shall go to their house and tell them I disagree with their gentle opinion.

This essay contains no intentional or unintentional grammatical mistakes. Sure it flips between tenses, but that's intentional. I love how my result is always "weak, needs revision". They forget to capitalize w and put a full-stop at the end of sentence.

I love how I have four grammatical errors, yet to my revised and re-read written sentence doesn't contain any spelling errors. Not even my Chrome correct could find any spelling errors. Use of articles is correct. Then why does it say it has an issue? What are my "accidentally confused words"? What's the issue with my wordiness? It doesn't explain anything. Wouldn't trust its free "seven days" offer either.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Moose, your link is for trial only .. not worth to click, sorry! Before you post any good link, check it before, please.

I use (before all) SpellCheckPlus: http://spellcheckplus.com/ - online, free, and works!

Try too my topic about online spell checkers ..

Reactions: Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.