Troubleshoot Could a link hack my phone without malware

Ramad700

Thread author
Sep 22, 2021
A week ago I opened one of the links that started to appear since August 2020 using that "anniversary celebration" phishing scheme

I received it from a friend and after confirming from my friend in a phone call that he was the one who sent the link he also told me to open it so he can win the prize I did what he asked for

It was a carrefour 54th anniversary celebration website
I saw the website was poorly made as if it came from a redirecting game's cracking website
I was stupid enough to continue
First thing was 4 basic questions
Phone's os, my age, my gender, overall opinion

Second was to chose 3 out of 9 boxes
Third was to share to 20 friends and 5 groups
Here all I did was press the "share" button and then go back (without actually sending to anyone) and it will count
Did it many times until I made to the 4th step
"Download our app to win"
Here I was like "no thanks"
I left the website immediately and did everything I could.do
-Change passwords
-clear browser cache and data
-scanned with 4 different antiviruses (no threat found)
-turned my phone off and on (Incase of any malicious processes hiding the ram)
-checked for malware manually and still found nothing (even checked system apps)
A week passed and no malicious activity at all

But I am very paranoid about such stuff and I know I am very stupid to have opened that link (and my friend later confirmed it was a scam)

Since the link didn't download any kind of malware (atleast from what I can tell)

Could I still be hacked in any way?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.