cpaixao's config

cpaixao

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Solid config for moderate knowledge-level user. Lua helps a lot on it.

I am looking for an disaster recovery tool (rollback), if anyone could help.

Thanks!

Z

ZeroDay

Solid config. You say your looking for a rollback program, have you considered imaging?

cpaixao

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
ZeroDay said:
Solid config. You say your looking for a rollback program, have you considered imaging?

I would like to find one that recovery undesirable changes in full and parts of it. I think imaging will rollback everything, just like Ghost, right?

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
You should try Norton Ghost, Acronis True Image or Paragon Drive Backup.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like the setup. If your looking for a rollback software, I would highly recommend Rollback RX. Great piece of software right there.

cpaixao

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Thanks everybody for suggestions! I am about to try Macrium Reflect.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can use the Free Edition of Macrium Reflect to create system images to your external drive. Or because I haven't any spare, I placed the copy on the non-OS partition and was still able to restore successfully.

Just remember to update your programs again. :D

Another suggestion is ToolWiz Time Freeze (freeware), I have used it to try various software, although upon reboot the changes are wiped. Good for testing small programs.

@King Mellow,
Read more, Norton Ghost is planned to be discontinued. I have used an older version and I thought it was useful at the time.

cpaixao

Thread author
Verified
Jul 11, 2013
Oh, thanks!

Now I got Sysrestore PRO through giveaway. Now I might give it a try as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.