Crowruin's Setup

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
I also use a Acronis True Image 2011 as a Backup solution but Didn't know where to put it

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may try Comodo DNS instead Linkscanner of AVG unless used it already, overall pretty solid setup.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Only thing I could say that you could add, is a password manager.

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
McLovin said:

thanks for the tips but for me I got all my passwords saved on my usb also I use Comodo DNS with AVG link scanner 2013 they work perfect together.

I also backup once a week :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Looks very good. Nothing really that I would add. When was the last time you had to deal with an infected computer?

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Jack said:
Looks very good. Nothing really that I would add. When was the last time you had to deal with an infected computer?

I clean friends computers when ever they ask me so I know what to do :)

Ive seen friends computers with 8 rootkits and over 2000 infections

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
crowruin said:
McLovin said:

thanks for the tips but for me I got all my passwords saved on my usb also I use Comodo DNS with AVG link scanner 2013 they work perfect together.

I also backup once a week :)

Just make sure keep it safe since saved from USB but better than written on a paper instead.

crowruin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2012
Spirit said:
I too have bad/good habit of not using password manager :p

Anyway good setup

yeah hahahaha i had the same usb for 4 years :p its a 4gb usb stick

and also my sister and her friends use my pc so i just set all my real time protection to silent and block all firewall requests and HIPS alerts also behavioral blocker to restricted whenever she uses it

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.