Noctua NH-C12P SE14
Hi guys,
this year i've made transition from Lynnfield generation to Haswell Refresh
so this is my new build.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 34
Trusted
Cryogent- Regarding the Seasonic PS- have you put it in Full ("Cooling") Fan mode? And if so, can you hear the fan (I believe a 120mm fan, right?) from a meter away?

Thanks for any response- I've actually been waiting to question someone that has used this Power supply! (and my compliments on the decision to use a 550W supply. So many think that something like a 700+W is needed when they actually only ever use <300W).

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Hi Cruelsister,
indeed i put it in fan mode ON and from what i hear, the combo of cpu and exhaust vents is more noisy than this PSU.
The only thing that bothers me is the click on shutting down the pc made by a relay inside it
and that I was told is perfectly normal by a Seasonic representative.

And indeed for a sistem which use max 300-350W, 650+W for a PSU is a bit odd if u don't have 2 hungry video cards.

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 34
Trusted
Thanks for the response! For me a silent system is of extreme importance. Currently I'm using and older Coolermaster 550W supply- I ripped out their fan and replaced it by soldering in a Nexus 120mm fan. It's very quiet but also quite old (Recently I'm getting a 2 sec delay from the switching on of the computer until the PS works- not a good long term outlook!).

Currently I have a big-assed case with 3 case fans- 2 intake, 1 exhaust (all 80mm Panasonic fans- made in Japan and NOT China as there is a Big, Big, Big difference), the CoolerMaster Modded PS, an EVO 212 heatsink with a Nexus 120mm fan, a secondary Hard Drive sitting decoupled from the case and instead on a CoolPak on the case bottom), and as I'm not a gamer I use a fan-less ATI graphics card.

Unless I concentrate real hard at 3AM on a Snowy night I can't hear anything from the Computer except a very slight hum.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I now what u mean with hearing anything at night and especially pc noise (I have the same problem), there are few options on the market to make a dead silent pc.
I really like that "Big, Big ,Big, difference" ..... it also happens in my country with electronics...and not only