Yes
Security & Privacy Apps
- Bitdefender Mobile Security
- Bitwarden, Authy, Microsoft Authenticator
- F-Secure and Norton personal data leak monitoring
Firewall & VPN Apps
Windscribe
Browser
Samsung Internet + Сrystal (I'm not sure if crystal is the best solution, I just liked the name)
Password manager
Bitwarden
Authenticator
Authy
Phone & Caller ID
True Caller
Messaging
True Caller
Music & Podcasts
Spotify
Photo & Video
AirBrush
Cloud storage
One Drive
Games
Teamfightics
File and Photo backup
One Drive for documents. I'm thinking of buying 1tb for photos, but the subscriptions are getting too much :)
Active subscriptions
    • None
What I'm looking for?

Looking for minimum feedback.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I've finally gone from Xiaomi to Samsung and am insanely excited about the new experience :) The only sad thing about samsung phones is the lack of aptx adaptive and aptx hd audio codecs, so I also had to buy Sony XM5 headphones to listen to music in proper quality. =\

A basic level of security is provided by the built-in McAfee and the separately installed Bitdefender with its new behavioural control (no idea how it works). (I also have a subscription to Norton, but it seems much worse than Bitdefender for mobile)

Scam and spam protection in SMS and calls - True Caller and built-in Hiya (I haven't checked if they work together yet, but the priority here is for True Caller)

Web experience protection - NextDNS at system level with all possible security features and filters.

I use some number of app mods, so all installed third party apk checked by VirusTotal, Jotti, Metadefender. The phone is additionally scanned periodically with Dr. Web Light, Malwarebytes, Eset, Ikarus and much more :)

The phone is protected against theft by both Samsung's and Google's services, I don't use Bitdefender's service as it's already too much.

For bypassing geo-restrictions and shopping - F-Secure Freedome, Norton, Windscribe Free (in order of priority).

I have no idea how to block the Israeli sim card, unfortunately, and don't really want to fight with tech support at the moment.

Since I've only had the phone for a day, I'm still learning about its features and looking for the best settings :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.