Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
There is no person more important to the history of Windows than Dave Cutler, and yet he has almost never granted interviews with the press, forcing us to learn of his shared history with NT from others. Well, that just changed: Former Microsoft engineer Dave Plummer—the original author of Task Manager, among other accomplishments—has interviewed Cutler, and he is somewhat cannily publishing small clips from that interview each day on his YouTube Channel Dave’s Garage. These interview clips are incredible for all the obvious reasons, but they are also rewriting our understanding of the history of NT, Windows, and more. And anyone who reads this site will want to watch them all.

Or, at the very least, read this synopsis of the key bits of new information I’ve learned from Cutler. Information that may need to make its way into Windows Everywhere, my book about the history of Windows. Here’s what I’ve learned so far, and I will update this article as needed as Plummer posts new clips.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.