Defender Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramona

Thread author
No, I already use Avira Free (Tencent is also my favorite). A friend asked about it and it looks like a fake one.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Anvi Smart Defender has one of the best UI i've ever seen but unfortunately it has not good signatures to protect you well......
Anvi-Smart-Defender-Pro_1.jpg

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://defender-pro.com/ has an unsatisfactory website rating and IMO is probably not a very good AV program either.There are much better free AV software from reputable companies.
I would avoid this like the plague.Avast ,Avira ,Bitdefender ,AVG to name a few offer free versions and excellent protection.

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Cant remove malware in the free version sooo automatic only

Dima007

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
Stay far away... and try any another free alternative

Last edited:

h00lks

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
it's install some other software that put banner into your browser and start open popup and infect you with some virus that start install and open some freaking software@@!!!1

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Here would be a list,off the top of my head,of legitimate Free AV programs.
I left out 2 because I believe Zone Alarm Free Antivirus & Firewall offers limited real time AV protection & Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Free because I think you could do better with one of the choices above and Windows Firewall

Reactions: Ramona

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Defender Pro is not a fake, it it uses Vipre's scan engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.