Dell KACE Secure Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
this virtualized browser is based on FF3.6 (go to the bottom to have a tip to make it available to the latest one)

The Secure Browser uses virtualization technology to provide a safer web experience to users and organizations. When using the Secure Browser any changes or malicious files inadvertently downloaded from the Internet are contained within the Secure Browser, keeping the underlying OS and computer protected from hostile changes. Any changes resulting from browser activity may be quickly and easily reset to effectively “undo” such changes and return it to its initially installed state. This makes it much easier to clean a system and bring the user back to full productivity. Secure Browsers also offer the option of specifying “white” and “black” lists to control what processes may be started or what sites may be visited. Limiting browser use to specific sites can control usage and protect from cross site scripting attacks. By specifying which sites are to be blocked, it makes it easy to keep users away from known bad sites, and thereby limit their exposure to attacks. In controlling what processes may be started, the browser will not run programs or plug-ins without permission to do so, which allows for the prevention of many attacks before they can even be initiated.

-Provides a virtualized and contained Firefox v3.6 Browser with Adobe Reader and Flash plug-ins
-Rapidly reset any changes made during normal use back to their initial state, enabling easy recovery from infections or attacks
-View statistics related to the number of processes detected and blocked
-Set white and black lists to limit access to known good sites, or prevent access to known bad sites to further limit the risk of attack and infection

Link: http://www.kace.com/products/freetools/secure-browser/

TIP: copy your existing Firefox installation to the appropriate Dell folder (C:\Program Files\Dell\Secure Browsers\Secure Browser (Firefox 3)\Firefox\Files\C\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What is your experience with using this? Cheers. :D

I'll pass, since I'm already using Firefox 3.6 as a secondary web browser.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
not using it since i use sandboxie :D (i posted it for those who dont have any sandbox or dont know how to use one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.