System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    QuickHeal AntiVirus Pro v18.00 (latest stable)
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    Firewall Protection: Advanced settings - Display Alert Message
    Firewall Protection: Program rules - Firewall level: high - will monitor both incoming and outgoing traffic and alerts on suspicious behavior (default: Medium - does only monitor inbound connections)
    Scan Options - Virus Protection - Delete when virus is found (default action: repair, malware backupped in quarantine though)
    Scan Options - Advance DNAScan - Behavior detection level: High (default: moderate)
    Anti-Keylogger: on (default: off)
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Norton Power Eraser (free)
    HitmanPro (free)
    Browsers and Extensions
    Brave Browser x64 (always latest stable)
    Bitdefender TrafficLight for Google Chrome (always latest stable)
    AdGuard Extension for Google Chrome (always latest stable)
    LastPass (always latest stable)
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    AdGuard Extension for Google Chrome (always latest stable)
    Windscribe VPN (Pro) (always latest stable)
    Password Managers
  • LastPass with 2FA and limited to logins from Germany only
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Mister Group SystemExplorer
    SysInternals TCPView
    SysInternals AutoRuns
    Data Backup
    Personal files are backupped to external HDDs.
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    None, as the personal files are backupped to external HDDs, in case of infection / system failure, the system is freshly installed
    Frequency of System backups
    None
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Online banking
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Malware testing
  • Download files from different sources
  • Office and work related tasks
  • Video or photography editing
  • Computer Specifications
    View attachment 205333
    SSD 120 GB
    HDD 2 TB

Der.Reisende

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Malware Hunter
    As the PC is also used for online banking, a security check (TCPView, SystemExplorer, AutoRuns) before logging in into sensitive pages is done.
    For extra security, 2FA is used whereever available, LastPass logins are limited.
    Malware Testing is performed within ShadowDefender environment.
    Because of that, the PC is free of any personal stuff, everything is backupped on eHDD after creation, and is only plugged in on demand and after security check.

Attachments

Windows_Security

Level 23
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Last edited:

stepseven84

Level 7
    Verified

Windows_Security

Level 23
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Great setup, thanks for sharing :)

Interesting tool but I see last update: 8.11.2014, does it work fine with Windows 1809? Thanks.
    It checks SSL fingerprint through different network nodes and it 'only' needs outbound access (so add an allow rule in your firewall and you are good to go). It should not dig deep into the OS wth (undocumented) call back mechanisms as many anti-exec and HIPS programs do.. I use it on W10 1803.

Der.Reisende

Level 40
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Malware Hunter
    Very nice Config! Which engines does Tencent actually use?
    Thank you :)

According to it's GUI:
    • Tencent Cloud Protection engine (it does work on execution and also seems to be related to Download Shield, which does not work with some 3rd party browsers like Brave, seems to be locked out from, it does not need any extension though) - Realtime Protection (Bitdefender engine will still check TEMP files and downloads for viruses and autoquarantine)
    • Tencent Antivirus Engine II (chinese version has been v3 for some time now, don't know why they don't upgrade in the international version)
    • Tencent System Repair Engine
    • Bitdefender engine (I couldn't tell any delay in updates, VT detections match those by the engine used in TC usually, it's a local engine, which does also work offline, expect a very long time to download signatures after first installation)

The Realtime Protection / on-demand scans seem to use Bitdefender engine only. Tencent Cloud and BB come into play on execution.

I also use SSLeye: SSL Eye Protects You From Prism | Eagle Eye Digital Solutions | Muscat Oman A free nifty MITM check. When all SSL hashes match, you can do online banking and shopping with ease of mind. It does not protect you as they claim, but warns you when SSL traffic is intercepted.
    I will give it a try, thanks for letting me know :)

I'd remove TrafficLight. Otherwise superb config.
    What's wrong with TL? It does not feel heavy on my browsing experience, and the webfilter is very good (haven't tried Avira and Norton ones for quite some time now)!

Last edited:
    Tencent might be good security wise, but you're sacrificing a lot of your privacy and data. Their privacy policy is a joke and Tencent confirmed themselves that they share private user data with the Chinese Government. (moneycontrol)
    privacy in 2019 is a joke , FB google all US co..... are spying on us so i prefere a good antivirus and firewall and maybe share anonymous infos ....oh dont forget W10 ;)