Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
About: DiskCryptor.net

Changelog: v1.0.757.115 (Stable Released 2013.01.03)

DiskCryptor is an open encryption solution that offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition. The fact of openness goes in sharp contrast with the current situation, where most of the software with comparable functionality is completely proprietary, which makes it unacceptable to use for protection of confidential data.

Has anyone used this with Windows 7 SP1? Your experience / rating?

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
*Does, not Is.

I don't think it supports anything after Windows 7.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
*Does, not Is.

I don't think it supports anything after Windows 7.

yeah i taking English classes. So what u recommended , diskcryptor or truecrypt? and for windows 8 is there any tool to encrypt whole disk?

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Currently, I don't use any encryption software.

BitLocker was introduced with Windows Vista, it's also available for Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise. In Windows 8/8.1 it's available for RT, Pro and Enterprise. BitLocker in Windows 8 can encrypt the whole disk.

You'll need to check online guides for instructions.

Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.