DJPRMF's Security Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJPRMF

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2017
Enable UAC, set it to maximum, always notify.
Thanks! :)

Do you think is better enable it even if Voodoo is installed?
I have disable UAC exactly because most of the times gives me the same warnings as Voodoo... (is not the same, i know, but still)

Reactions: AnonMan and given

DJPRMF

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 26, 2017
Testing...
Thanks everyone for the tips :)

tugatech-2017-10-17-c122533a-d6a4-4ca7-8c7c-cf8639bb552c.jpg

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Avast Premier, Zemana Antilogger, Voodoo Shield in realtime , equals overkill! you can ditch zemana anti logger and replace this with zemana anti malware free .. for just on demand scanning. this also reduces the chance of overlap in defence mechanisms , which actually can place your machine at risk. just my two cents ;) thanks for sharing your config with us!

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Man I don't know, maybe I'm losing my mind.... BUT I was positive that in a previous post listed above I described that macrium and AX64TM V1 worked with, and preserved the snapshots made with RollbackRX

@frogboy @JHomes Thanks for the suggestion :)
I actually don't like of doing system images in this case, only the data is critical to backup.
If something goes wrong, i prefer just reinstall everything as "fresh" and restore the data needed from backups. Yes, gives a little more of work, but is a personal "thing". :p

That's totally understandable. I'm the same way actually. Give Rollback Rx a try, the freeware is pretty good. It's very light and easy to use, and it's more about protecting your data rather than your system although for the latter it can still restore a lot.

Even if you buy the Pro Edition it has scheduling options, so you just configure and go.

Reactions: DJPRMF

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider backing up important data to an external drive also.
I agree with suggestion to move Zemana from real time to on demand.
Secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.