Do Security Solutions Slow Down Your PC? (Part 9 – F-Secure Internet Security 2011)

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
It's F-Secure's time:

F-Secure performance test by TuneUp

Spoiler alert :)

Performance Results: F-Secure Internet Security 2011

F-Secure Internet Security 2011 proved to be a comparatively lightweight solution that had a minimal impact on performance. While boot speed suffered a bit and hard disk I/O went up noticeably, we barely noticed that the security solution was running. Bravo!

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
RE: Do Security Solutios Slow Down Your PC? (Part 9 – F-Secure Internet Security 2011)

Eh, they all pretty much do. That's why I don't use them.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: Do Security Solutios Slow Down Your PC? (Part 9 – F-Secure Internet Security 2011)

with my experience after use Norton AV or avast or even avira and CIS. i never felt slow down at all. even when i do render 3D graphics and convert, editing video.

D

Deleted member 178

well made security solutions rarely slow down the system, except some of them that use many engines. generally it is all the junk apps in the system that do it, focusing the RT modules of security solutions.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

many engines, such as; coranti (3 engines), gdata (2 engines), trustport (2 engines)
it make more processes and with realtime protection use that machine's. open documents,etc.
their not always effective for protection. but, i thought ,gdata not slow for system. with better protection than other with many engines also.
for on-demand scanners like hitman pro, its effective for us.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.