Jun 14, 2011
363408-kaspersky-anti-virus-2015-malware-blocking-chart.jpg

http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,iid=425061,00.asp

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460689,00.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 21043

I doubt Emsisoft got only 72%. It protected me from a FUD today, which hijacked my PC and disabled Emsisoft. If it wasn't for the "Auto-protection" where it turns on after reboot, my PC would have been a goner. Still, I will reinstall Windows etc to be on safe side, but still... Emsisoft is one of the best with the behaviour blocker.

I

illumination

"High scores are Best..... " Low scores are Best".... o_O<------ Scratching my head in wonder :rolleyes:

Reactions: WinXPert

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
What the heck? AVG at the top? must be from a sci-fi movie. ASC better than Avast must be an episode of the Twilight Zone

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Also, WTH?! Vipre with 10.0 score and 100% detection=not best; AVG with 9.7 score and 97% detection=better?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
On the bright side Emsisoft got low score and low score is best. So I'll use Emsisoft and not AVG if I were asked to pick from only those 2. No offense to AVG fanboys here. Most of the lappies I repair have AVG installed, worm ridden I have to replace AV with Avast.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
On the bright side Emsisoft got low score and low score is best. So I'll use Emsisoft and not AVG if I were asked to pick from only those 2. No offense to AVG fanboys here. Most of the lappies I repair have AVG installed, worm ridden I have to replace AV with Avast.
Not exactly. We all agree that IObit Malware Fighter sucks yet it's the lowest score, at 1.5 points; 17%.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Here is my security setup

> Emsisoft Anti-Malware
> AppGuard
> Shadow Defender (on Demand)
> Gary Utilities 5

With herdProtect a couple time a week!

More than likely, I will be adding SandBoxie in the next couple of days!
I have been using Emsisoft for long time. I can not make heads or tails
of this chart?
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.