Do You Think This Would Be Better Than Rollback RX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I'm new to the IRS scene, sorry if my questions are stupid....

I have RollBackRX. I Have not installed it yet.

I also have done a clean install of Windows 10.

I have Macrium which I use to do Backups (Images) of my C: drive.

I am considering installing RBRX on my PC.

My C: and all installations are on a WD Black 500gig HD...

Any recommendations, and what about Comodo time machine, it runs on some but no others machine, but IF it will run on my PC, is it better than RollBack?

And how about this Eaz-Fix Professional, it says it works for Win 10.

See here: EAZ Solution Frequently Asked Questions...

How does it rate against CTM and RBRX?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I gave you an answer on the Wilders RX thread. Saw it there before here.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
COMODO Time Machine will smash your system. COMODO stopped development and support years ago. Use it and you will surely regret it.

IF have SSD, then no RB. IF have HDD, then RB is best.

Use RB for snapshot and Macrium for image backup.

You think @Umbra give you bad advice ?

If you take his advice, he save you from a lot of frustration and pain. :eek:

Why you not listen ?

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You think @Umbra give you bad advice ?

If you take his advice, he save you from a lot of frustration and pain. :eek:

Why you not listen ?

In fact i posted on Wilders 3mn after he asked this question here :D

i was surely answering while he posted here ^^

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Bad advice? Why would you assume that, possibly you’re just complimenting Umbra....

Yea I posted in both, not sure where I would find an answer. Thank You to both of you, appreciate your very knowledgeable assistance.

Reactions: above
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Bad advice? Why would you assume that, possibly you’re just complimenting Umbra....

Yea I posted in both, not sure where I would find an answer. Thank You to both of you, appreciate your very knowledgeable assistance.

We're just poking fun ... :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Windows Updates could break Rollback & make system not bootable, etc...
So its advised to check with their forum if the released WU are fine with RB or not.
Or uninstall RB, install WU & then reinstall RB.

Comodo Time Machine - Simply, dont use it. hjlbx mentioned above........

I would suggest to give a try to Ax64. I am trying Version 2 & its running fine on my Win 10 64. But Yes, its a paid software.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
HI Guys and thanks for the informative responses.

Concerning AX64, I would be in total agreement with the recommendation that I try it, except V2 has become just another Bakup Image maker, and not a good one at that.

Version 1 when it first came out was NICE! The complete package RollbackRX plus Image maker, Plus System Restore...Very fast and very nice...But then something happened, and it became just another software competeing with tons of the same kind of softwares.

I thought you might like to know I got a speedy response from Eazy-Fix support, here is what they said:

Dear Rod

Hi, Eazy Fix can work with both HDD and SSD (TRIM as well), no problems.
If you do see any problems, please let us know. Thank you.

Helpdesk Operator06
EAZ Solutions Help Desk

I am new at this, but from what I understand anything that goes on C: will be trimed and or defraged and when that occurs it messes up the instant BU made by Rollback, has EAZ Solutions remedied this, it appears they are the originator of this type of software...

So what do you think, is it possible they have made this compatible with SSD?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
If I installed Windows XP, and RollbackXp on my WD Black 500gig HD, could I make XP secure.

If so what would you recommmend to make XP fast, light weight, but very secure, since MS won't support XP with anymore updates or patches?

Or possibly Vista. I have that still too, and it's still supported by MS...

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If I installed Windows XP, and RollbackXp on my WD Black 500gig HD, could I make XP secure.
If so what would you recommmend to make XP fast, light weight, but very secure, since MS won't support XP with anymore updates or patches?
Or possibly Vista. I have that still too, and it's still supported by MS...
I wouldn't use XP or Vista period for anything.Not even in a VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.