Does anyone use Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Thread author
I don't use it currently, but I did try it in the past and to be quite honest I liked it a lot. For me (Android) it was was snappy, and the pages loaded very quickly. The latest version includes ad-blocking if I'm not mistaken, which is quite nice to have (y) Personally I think it's well worth giving it a try.

InnoScorpio

Level 1
Jul 9, 2018
I tried out the Android version. The Android version is a great alternative and is similar to Google Chrome. It is looks like it was built with some of the same libraries that Google Chrome has. The only significant feature it has is adblocking. I look at Edge as a Chromium alternative with an adblocking feature. It is similar to NoChromo for Android. I personally use Bromite since it include more features besides adblocking as an alternative to Google Chrome.

Reactions: oldschool

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Edge for Mobile

Reasons to use:
  • Offers a dark theme UI
  • Native ad-blocking (uses ABP)
  • Links to your Microsoft Account for Bing rewards (requires Bing search engine)
  • Regularly use Edge on Windows 10 device(s) for Continue on PC
Reason to not use:
  • If you primarily use Safari (iOS/iCloud/Keychain) or Chrome (Android/Google/Smart Lock).
  • Don't own any Windows 10 devices

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.