Advice Request Does Windscribe VPN have a random leak ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo791

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
As I said in another post a friend of mine wile using windscribe VPN with all the VPN apps tested several times a day with IPLEAK.net and found over a 4 week period that the VPN had leaked twice there ISP, country and general position. It seemed that the leak was random.
Has anyone else found this leak or is my friend just mistaken.
The problem is if there is a random leak with Windscribe , its unlightly the firm will tell about it, so when it fixed no one will ever know, this leads to a feeling of been unsafe using this VPN so I would like to know , Does this VPN have a random leak.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
As I said in another post a friend of mine wile using windscribe VPN with all the VPN apps tested several times a day with IPLEAK.net and found over a 4 week period that the VPN had leaked twice there ISP, country and general position. It seemed that the leak was random.
Has anyone else found this leak or is my friend just mistaken.
The problem is if there is a random leak with Windscribe , its unlightly the firm will tell about it, so when it fixed no one will ever know, this leads to a feeling of been unsafe using this VPN so I would like to know , Does this VPN have a random leak.
Are you referring to Windscribe's browser extension or Windscribe's desktop app?

Reactions: Jimbo791

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I've personally never experienced any leaks in the 1½ years of using Windscribe's Windows desktop application. I check for leaks every time I connect to one of their servers so if it did leak anything at all I'd immediately stop using it.

When I last used their Firefox browser extension it didn't have an option to block WebRTC so that'll be leaking your IP unless it's blocked by another extension/application/browser configuration. I also remember it conflicting with another extension which made my IP leak via WebRTC even when the option to block WebRTC in uBlock Origin was ticked.

One thing to keep in mind using Windscribe is that their VPN servers and their DNS servers aren't the same, so when you check if your DNS is leaking via one of the various leak sites the IP addresses won't be the same (similar but not exact). This is expected behaviour as explained here: Windscribe

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have been using Ublock for Edge and the check box for blocking WebRTC has never been able to be ticked.

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I've been using Windscribe a long time. Never once have I experience any random IP leak. You could always disable WebRTC if you fear this. I haven't used their VPN extension, this could be prone to an IP leak, I don't think their native software does. I've testing it now on ipleak.net, no leakage at all.

In regards to your setup, look spot on.

~LDogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.