Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hello guys. About privacy, which add-on for Chrome do you prefer? Do not Track me is more visual and configurable, but i don't know if i can trust in Abine corporation. In another side, Fanboy's tracking list it's a subscription list from Adblock Plus (Vladimir Palant).

N

Nige_40

OK this is getting crazy, What is best to get.

AdMuncher , DoNotTrackme, ABP with Fanboy with added Easylist or choose Other ?

It would be nice to see your views over each, and what you Recommend over the list.

Thanks in advance :)

N

Nige_40

HeffeD said:
MrXidus said:
If I HAD to choose out of DoNotTrackMe and Fanboys Tracking List. I would pick DoNotTrackMe simply for the fact I can see and manage what gets blocked and where / Configurable GUI and such. For example in some rare cases a web element gets blocked and breaks the website I'm browsing, With a GUI I can turn off the problem causer and browse normally, With Fanboys Tracking List I'm left with no choice but to disable it entirely as it does not show what is getting blocked.

The ultimate goal with ABP for Chrome is to have the same feature-set as with the Firefox extension, in which it is very easy to see what is being blocked, and which filter is doing the blocking.

I'm really surprised that the Chrome extension still doesn't have what I consider to be necessary functionality in the extension. But I don't know, it may very well still be due to limitations in Chrome itself with regards to the control an extension is able to have.

I agree with you HeffeD. But with ABP on Firefox is it the same version as the one that is in Chrome ?

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Nige_40 said:

It would be nice to see your views over each, and what you Recommend over the list.

Depend your browser. In Firefox ABP with Fanboy Ultimate List is great, but in Chrome doesn't have the same funcionality. I've tested Ghostery and DNT in Chrome. Ghostery blocks more trackers, but it slowdowns a bit browsing. I prefer DNT (it's more attractive than Ghosthery too).

N

Nige_40

Malakke said:
Nige_40 said:

Depend your browser. In Firefox ABP with Fanboy Ultimate List is great, but in Chrome doesn't have the same funcionality. I've tested Ghostery and DNT in Chrome. Ghostery blocks more trackers, but it slowdowns a bit browsing. I prefer DNT (it's more attractive than Ghosthery too).

Many thanks for your feedback

N

Nige_40

I have tested DNT me with ABP+ set with Easylist only, and it works good, And it's don't slow me down.

But what I'm thinking now is, Do I need to keep ScriptSafe running while I others set-up? One think I see in ScriptSafe blocks ads and tracks as well. So do I need it still ?

any advise will be good thx

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
HeffeD said:
Nige_40 said:
I agree with you HeffeD. But with ABP on Firefox is it the same version as the one that is in Chrome ?

I don't think so.

It is IF you use the Development build with Experimental Extension APIs enabled in Chrome.

See my post about this here.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
MrXidus said:
It is IF you use the Development build with Experimental Extension APIs enabled in Chrome.

See my post about this here.

Thanks for the info!

Not being a Chrome user, I haven't kept up with the extensions development.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
The Development build of Adblock Plus and DNTme makes a great combo in my PC. Runs flawlessly and smooth. Thanks guys

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've been trying more extensions and I've come to like AVG Do Not Track.

It can effectively block social plugins & remove social buttons from view.

AVG Do Not Track
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/avg-do-not-track/epojjbofkhffmihobdncmbhdocjljhpi

N

Nige_40

Earth said:
I've been trying more extensions and I've come to like AVG Do Not Track.

It can effectively block social plugins & remove social buttons from view.

AVG Do Not Track
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/avg-do-not-track/epojjbofkhffmihobdncmbhdocjljhpi

Thanks 4 heads up Earth.

I will test it out for a good few days, and If I like I will keep. I have disabled DoNotTrackMe while testing the AVG one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.