Don't Fix It If Ain't Broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi My Advise is always; "don't fix it if ain't broke." That is especially true when it comes to up dating drivers.
I do how ever like to keep some drivers up dated. Graphics being one of them. I know the advise is always get your drivers from the manufacture and I agree for the most part. However a large number of manufactures stop providing up dates after your PC gets a little older.
That's why I really like this program.If nothing else it gives you some ideas. My advise is still "don't fix it if it ain't broke." Give this a software a look. Then look for your manufacture's drivers and compare what SlimDrivers finds. It has a very good back up feature. It works a little different than the high dollar ones, but it gets the job done. I have used it on several occasions and I find it very helpful to have.
The rule still stands"Always check your manufacture for drivers". Use Slimdrivers to compare with your manufacture! Just give it a look. You might even like it!;)
PS I keep my PC tuned up pretty well. You will see in my screen print,all my drivers are current.
Give me your feed back!
PS I only approve of the first video in this thread by Tim! It was the best one I could find and I trust Major Geeks for down loads.They don't put PUP's on you and warn you about them!

upload_2014-12-7_18-48-44.png

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I used to use SlimDrivers, I have never had a problem with it so far.
I used this program to find a graphics driver on a seniors PC that was blue screening. No more BSOD for them.
That made a believer out of me. The rule still stands! "IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT!" and "ALWAYS USE YOUR MANUFACTURE FOR DRIVERS!"

I used to use SlimDrivers, I have never had a problem with it so far.
Thanks for your reply and your support. I really like this software!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Oxygen
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.