Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I can wait for the final release just make it stable its fine.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anything new coming in FF5?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Well, this is fast, I mean think about how much longer the lifetime of 3.6 lasted, finally 4.0 get's released and puff, new version already in beta. I also thought it was going to go 4.1, 4.2 etc.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mozilla Team are been well planned for the development of Firefox to release the stable version.

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
Might I add that Firefox now has a more stable channel called Aurora.

The various firefox channels can be found here:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/channel/

aijay

May 10, 2011
they are going too fast from 4 to 5. they should have to strengthen 4 and carry for a year or so.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Some addons are already supported in Firefox 5 beta.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
FireFox 5 is running stable and smooth for me. A few of my addons don't work. I actually have v4 and v5 both installed at the same time so I can switch back and forth. The only funny thing is if I exit v5 and go back to v4 the v4 version acts like it was just installed.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What's new in Firefox 5:

After five weeks of testing on the Firefox Aurora channel, the next version of Firefox is ready for the beta channel. This release includes the Firefox channel switcher, performance and stability enhancements and support for the new CSS Animations standard to allow developers build more amazing Web experiences.
The new Firefox channel switcher lets users move between Firefox Aurora, Beta and Release channels to test features at various levels of development, quality and polish.

Read more

basically we have this two new features:
  • CSS Animations - standard to allow developers build more amazing Web experiences.
  • Channel switcher - lets users move between Firefox Aurora, Beta and Release channels
    Select-Aurora2.png

The first one is addressed to the developers and the second one is for the advanced users...so nothing big for the average users besides the usual maintenance tweaks.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I'm going to try and test beta 5 in my VM and see how that works out, I want to maybe post another written review of it if all goes well (maybe a video review too).

Shadow Death

May 12, 2011
I haven't really had any problems with it. I always create separate profiles for Firefox 4.0.1 and these Aurora builds just in case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.