Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
After nearly 25 years of operation, DPReview will be closing in the near future. This difficult decision is part of the annual operating plan review that our parent company shared earlier this year.

The site will remain active until April 10, and the editorial team is still working on reviews and looking forward to delivering some of our best-ever content.

Everyone on our staff was a reader and fan of DPReview before working here, and we’re grateful for the communities that formed around the site.

Thank you for your support over the years, and we hope you’ll join us in the coming weeks as we celebrate this journey.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake Join PetaPixel to Lead its YouTube Channel
Chris Niccolls and Jordan Drake are joining PetaPixel and will lead its new YouTube Channel. The two have been a mainstay in the photography industry for more than a decade as hosts for first The Camera Store and then DPReview.

Their current home at DPReview is shutting down, but the two have no intention of stopping their excellent video reviews and photography-based content as they will be joining PetaPixel as the faces of its new YouTube channel launching in May, providing a nearly seamless transition from their previous home to their new one.

“I’m thrilled that PetaPixel is not only giving us the opportunity to keep our photography YouTube show going, but also the chance to make some fun changes to our format in upcoming episodes,” Drake says.

“Sure, we’ll still be releasing reviews for the latest photo/video gear shot in the frozen lands of Canada, but we’re already working on field tests, documentaries, and episodes that are bigger than anything we’ve done before.”

“This is a big move, but one that I’m very excited about. Working with PetaPixel brings me back to the reason why I got into this industry in the first place: a deep love for photography,” Niccolls adds.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
DPReview.com looks forward to a new chapter with Gear Patrol
Dear readers,

We’ve heard from many of you over the past several weeks, and we realize there are many questions about what comes next for DPReview. We’re thrilled to share the news that Gear Patrol has acquired DPReview. Gear Patrol is a natural home for the next phase of DPReview’s journey, and I’m excited to see what we can accomplish together.

I want to reassure you that we remain firmly committed to what makes DPReview great: the best camera reviews in the business, industry-leading photography news and features, and one of the most active photography communities anywhere on the internet.

This is just the beginning of a new chapter for DPReview and we don’t have all the answers yet, but I’m sharing what we know below and will continue to share information about this change as we get more acquainted with our partners at Gear Patrol.

Thank you for your continued support of our team and legacy. We appreciate it and can't thank you all enough.

- Scott Everett
General Manager - DPReview.com

Will customer accounts be automatically transferred to Gear Patrol? What if I don’t want to transfer my account or content?

We have worked hard to minimize any impact to our users, and your account has been transferred to Gear Patrol so that you can continue to access the same great content from DPReview. Gear Patrol’s website Terms of Service and Privacy Policy will govern your use of the DPReview website starting today. We encourage you to review this information to understand how the website will be run by Gear Patrol and how your personal information will be collected, used, and protected going forward. If you wish to delete your account, you should follow the steps on the DPReview website here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.