Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Dr.Web LiveCD beta-testing launched
August 23, 2012

Doctor Web welcomes all those interested to participate in the beta-testing of a new version of its system recovery tool Dr.Web LiveCD which incorporates the updated set of components and several new features.

Dr.Web LiveCD 6.0.2 enables users to edit the Windows Registry and remove entries created by malicious programs that block access to Windows. Also, curing is now available for MBR infections. Introduction of multi-thread scanning contributed to the increase in the virus check speed in multi-core systems. Known issues have been resolved.

The beta-version of Dr.Web LiveCD is available on the Doctor Web site.

Woohooo! Finally automatic registry fixing in Dr.Web's LiveCD! :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Hopefully the mutli-thread scanning does what it says because ive always found the live cd to be very slow while doing a scan.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Excellent, Always been a fan of DrWeb LiveCD and happy to hear of multi-thread scanning.

Once the final release comes out I'll be updating my SARDU Disc with it. :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
MrXidus said:
Excellent, Always been a fan of DrWeb LiveCD and happy to hear of multi-thread scanning.

Once the final release comes out I'll be updating my SARDU Disc with it. :)

I'm with you on that lol gonna have to update my disc and usb :p

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Yes, Dr.Web is one of the best security protections on the market. Even Russian government is using their products. I will make a list of Dr.Web's customers later. You will be amazed how much institutions are using Dr.Web. :)

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
You are talking about the live rescue cd right? Not the AV program correct?

P

Plexx

Nikos said:

It is the Live CD version. In other words, Dr Web's Emergency System Recovery Disk.

A good tool to have no doubt!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nikos said:

Yes, the thread is on the Live Rescue CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.