Driver Booster Beta 3.0 is available now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
IObit Driver Booster Beta 3.0

Driver Booster is a brand new driver updating tool. It protects your PC from hardware failures, conflicts, and resolves system crash problems caused by outdated drivers. All old drivers can be detected by simply clicking on the “Scan” button, and then you just need to click “Update All” button to refresh these outdated drivers. Compared with other driver updating tools, IObit Driver Booster can improve your PC performance for gaming as well.

Features:

- Automatic Detection of Outdated Drivers
- Automatic Download of Latest Drivers
- Specialized Driver Tweaking for Top Gaming Performance
- Simple and Easy to Understand Interface

Screenshots:

qLiBJSM.png

V52mENn.png

Download via MajorGeeks
Size: 10.7 MB
License: Freeware
Requires: Winows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista

IObit Driver Booster Update History

Beta 3.0
+ Updated Drivers Database for More Supported Devices
+ Improved Download & Installation Process
+ Improved Feedback Process
+ Fixed General Bugs

Beta 2.0
+ New Cloud Technology Automatically Ensures Database are Up-to-Date
+ New Silent Mode Automatically Updates Drivers in the Background
+ Improved Downloading for More Stable Performance
+ Supported More Devices
+ Supported 28 languages
+ Added Right-click Ignore Option
+ Fixed General Bugs

Beta 1.0
+ Friendly Designed User Interface
+ Automatically Identify Outdated Drivers
+ One-click Update for Maximum Hardware Performance
+ Specialized Driver Tweaking for Top Gaming Experience
+ More to be discovered by you.

Last edited by a moderator:

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
RE: IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0

Tried it out, seems to work fine. Found one driver (for my ethernet card) out of date and i updated and works fine

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Does IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0 use 3rd driver's other than the manufacturer?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011

The one it installed for me was the proper manufacturer driver for my ethernet, so i cant say for all since i only had one to update but i'm assuming they are. It looked like it downloaded the installer and just ran it for me because i had to go through the install steps

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Tried on my

> HP Pavilion dv6-6c1 Ous Entertainment PC
2 Old Drivers
> Samsung i5 Core 2450M
1 Old Driver

I am going to 2 try IObit Driver Booster Beta 1.0 on
my Sony later on this evening. Seem to be working
well. :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011

I tried it and it said I have two driver updates for my ASUS motherboard and one update for my VIA HD audio.

After checking before installing they were all the wrong drivers.

Most driver update programs tend to give out the wrong drivers, it is always better to get your drivers directly from the source.

OEM website, device vendors site, motherboard vendor site or just let Windows install a generic driver.

Never update a driver that is already working correctly.

Thanks.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Never actually used it, still prefer to manually look up all my drivers. :-/

landerio

Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Driver Booster Beta 3.0 is available Now! It's a free driver updating tool.

What's New:

+ Updated Drivers Database for More Supported Devices
+ Improved Download & Installation Process
+ Improved Feedback Process
+ Fixed General Bugs

CLICK HERE to download it (Software Size: 10.60 MB).

IObit-Driver-Booster_2.png

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It now gives you the option to ignore selected driver updates, in my case that is good because the new version now says I have 4 drivers out of date and they all are wrong drivers. Previous version only detected 3 wrong driver updates. So beware of updating drivers with it, check your hardware components, OEM Windows and motherboard websites for the correct drivers for your system.

Enjoy!! :D

landerio

Verified
Jul 19, 2013
Littlebits said:
It now gives you the option to ignore selected driver updates, in my case that is good because the new version now says I have 4 drivers out of date and they all are wrong drivers. Previous version only detected 3 wrong driver updates. So beware of updating drivers with it, check your hardware components, OEM Windows and motherboard websites for the correct drivers for your system.

What four drivers? You are suggested to send feedback to their official.

It just updated Realtek PCIE CardReader and AMD Catalyst App Profiles 13.5 CAP1 for me. I have to check for them, if you are seriously.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
landerio said:
Littlebits said:

What four drivers? You are suggested to send feedback to their official.

It just updated Realtek PCIE CardReader and AMD Catalyst App Profiles 13.5 CAP1 for me. I have to check for them, if you are seriously.

1. AMD Catalyst App Profiles 13.5 CAP1 (wrong driver), my AMD drivers are part of the motherboard chipset included with my processor, the correct version is 13.1 according to AMD's driver updater. v.13.5 is not compatible with my motherboard and processor.

2. AMD High Definition Audio driver (wrong driver), once again the driver is included with my AMD chipset, the version recommended to update is not compatible.

3. VIA High Definition Audio Controller (wrong driver), updated version recommend doesn't support my motherboard and audio codec VT1708S.

4. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (correct driver) but the most current is already installed and it doesn't recognize it. When I try to run the installer, it ask if I want to remove or repair because that v.7.73.618.2013 is already installed.

Thanks. :D

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Littlebits said:
I tried it and it said I have two driver updates for my ASUS motherboard and one update for my VIA HD audio.

After checking before installing they were all the wrong drivers.

Most driver update programs tend to give out the wrong drivers, it is always better to get your drivers directly from the source.

OEM website, device vendors site, motherboard vendor site or just let Windows install a generic driver.

Never update a driver that is already working correctly.

Thanks.:D

Unless you're a user who likes to get every ounce of performance out of your hardware. Nvidia and AMD release new drivers quite regularly which target specific games.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tom172 said:
Unless you're a user who likes to get every ounce of performance out of your hardware. Nvidia and AMD release new drivers quite regularly which target specific games.

Both Nvidia and AMD have their own driver update program included to give you the correct drivers. They also have an online update scan which will allow to to manually download and install the correct drivers.

If you system has integrated video controls in your motherboard, chipset or processor, these regular driver updates will not apply to your system.

They will usually only apply to external PCIe cards.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Littlebits said:
Both Nvidia and AMD have their own driver update program included to give you the correct drivers. They also have an online update scan which will allow to to manually download and install the correct drivers.

If you system has integrated video controls in your motherboard, chipset or processor, these regular driver updates will not apply to your system.

So you do agree there are cases where even if a driver is working correctly, there may be advantages to updating to a new release.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think this would only apply to if you have a current PC.

For me, third-party software or manually checking for updates is useless on some older computers. Once they've become ancient like one of the 2007 (all-in-one desktop) and 2008 (laptop), they no longer accept new NVidia or ATi driver updates. That "Not compatible" message is given, so you give up on that and stop attempting to update. Therefore, back to the point of being useless.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Tom172 said:
Littlebits said:

So you do agree there are cases where even if a driver is working correctly, there may be advantages to updating to a new release.

Sometimes when dealing with some hardware, new drivers will have bug fixes or add features, but you should not depend on a third-party product to update these drivers, visit the hardware components support website and get the drivers from there or use the software driver updater from the hardware vendor to make sure you do indeed get the correct driver.

Earth has a good point, Nvidia, AMD, Realtek and a lot of other hardware vendors will only support their hardware for a few years and will not make future driver updates for them. That is one of the reasons when using third-party driver updater products gives you the wrong drivers, they tend to give you the most current, not the compatible driver needed for your hardware. I have some hardware components that still work on Windows 7 and Windows 8 I bought them less then two years ago hardware vendor has already discontinued support and driver updates. Sometimes I think the only reason hardware vendors do this is to make you buy new hardware. When you buy a new hardware device, it could have already been setting on the selves in their warehouse for years. Some is still shipped out already discontinued, you have to be careful what you buy.

Reactions: Oxygen

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I agree Littlebits.

I think these driver updaters fall into a grey area. Driver updates aren't really a priority in the same way that other system updates are. Standard users for the most part aren't going to care when a new driver is released unless they're having severe issues with a particular piece of hardware.

Power users on the other hand will make sure to research compatibility and features of new drivers first and won't update to the latest until they see if there are any bugs which need to be fixed first.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Driver Booster v1.3 is newly released.

1011030_671559279553043_1987874657_n.png

Download now:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_driver_booster.html

What’s new:
+ Optimized Driver Installation Engine with Higher Driver-Device Matching Accuracy
+ Expanded the Database to Support More Devices
+ Improved Stability in Audio and Display Driver Updating
+ Added the Uninstall Feature to Easily Uninstall Any Drivers
+ Added 24x7 Toll Free Phone Support
+ Minor GUI Improvements
+ Fixed Minor Bugs

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It looks good... I don't know if it is accurate in downloading drivers or not.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Driver Booster Beta 3.0 is available now! - It's a bit stupid joke, maybe someone will eventually improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.