DrJovan's PC Security Config-need help

DrJovan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2014
Hello guys,
I just do clean installation of my Windows 8.1 Enterprise X64,installed just PC drivers and Kaspersky Total Security..And other free software; VLC,WinSCP itc..

I need to know what other protection software to use together whit Kasperky?
I hope it will not slow my computer speed too much :)

*8GB DDR3 and AMD FX 8320 @3.74Ghz

S

Sr. Normal

Hi @DrJovan

Karpesky is one of the best AVs, with 8Gb RAM will not slow down your computer.

I would uninstall ASC your computer and perhaps Ashampoo WO11 also installed in place Ccleaner and Privazer.

As second browser is necessary :SlimJet browser, Chrome or Opera browsers and put my following extensions: ublock Origin, Ghostery, LastPass and HTTPS Everywhere.

I Accompany Karpesky with Crystal Security and would use MalwareBytes free and Emsisoft Emergency Kit as demand scanner.

You need a Backup program. Aomei is great ... and free

UAC is enable?

Kind regards

DrJovan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2014
@Sr. Normal

Yea but ASC keep clean my browser..When i exit,it auto clean my history and cache.
Uac:
untitled.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since you're an advance user based on declaration of computer knowledge then try first to explore the complexity configuration of Kaspersky especially their Application Privilege Control.

Xvirus or Crystal security or SecureAplus (with whitelisting) can accompanied with your current security program.

Alternative is why not just use private browsing? ;) But still conduct a cleaning maintainance for other stuffs which regularly place your temporary folderd from C:/Windows/Temp and other locations.

Why no on demand scanners? No harm to add for once a week scan like MBAM and Hitman Pro.

DrJovan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2014
Since you're an advance user based on declaration of computer knowledge then try first to explore the complexity configuration of Kaspersky especially their Application Privilege Control.

Xvirus or Crystal security or SecureAplus (with whitelisting) can accompanied with your current security program.

Alternative is why not just use private browsing? ;) But still conduct a cleaning maintainance for other stuffs which regularly place your temporary folderd from C:/Windows/Temp and other locations.

Why no on demand scanners? No harm to add for once a week scan like MBAM and Hitman Pro.

What u think SecureAplus or Crystal security ?

I have paid version MBAM but use on my sister notebook..Will be install here FREE..

Kaspersky + MBAM+ one of ;SecureAplus , Crystal security - and Emsisoft Emergency Kit(portable)..
I config Trusted Mode...Seems Kaspersky is available only in 32(86)bit version..

I use my computer for gaming(CS:GO most),i think not will be problem with performance.

Reactions: JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@DrJovan : They have almost a same function on being a companion AV powered with multi engine + in house engine.

The difference is that SecureAplus offline database is came from ClamAV (low protection may give as addition)

But Crystal Security's own engine as an edge in terms of coping in latest threat.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You should not have a problem running KTS with your PC specs
Consider some on demand scanners and a back up solution
Consider CCleaner and or Privazer. IMO one or both of these options are better than optimization suites.
Consider adding a second browser
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere & uBlock in FF
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: DrJovan

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello, I totally agree with @Sr. Normal and @jamescv7 in addition I want to suggest you to install Iperius Backup Free.
Then you can install Collusion extension for your browser, which allows you to know which websites
are tracking you.
You can install also BitDefender 60 Virus Scanner, and MPC-HC instead of VLC, because is very fast media player.
Thanks for sharing your config :) ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.