Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Summary: Dropbox has now patched a security vulnerability which could give third parties access to server data without authorization.

Dropbox has fixed a security vulnerability based on the sharing of user links to files in order to stop third parties from accessing data without consent.

The cloud storage company revealed in a blog post that a weakness based on referer headers could be exploited to expose information. A referer header is a protocol which lets a site learn where you've come from when you are browsing the Web, and the feature allows websites to understand traffic sources -- whether you visit a site from a search engine, bookmark or another website. However, in the following scene, this feature could be exploited via Dropbox to steal data:
More

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I am not very sure of online storage. Personally feel that in today's scenario keeping something important of mine at a place which is made and monitored by a third person should not be very logical as I am sharing every thing with him. Not a very trustworthy option for me.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.