Thread author
8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Bit Defender Total Security / Trend Micro Anti-Virus + Security / Windows Defender

On-demand Scanners:

Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Super Anti-Spyware & Zemana Anti-Logger.

WOW! :eek: You should not use several AV's at the same time. For ex : BitDefender TS should be enough for real-time, and Malwarebytes or/with Hitman will be enough for you, friend.
Those AV's you got there are not going to protect you better, as opposite, they will only cause confliction with each other.. This will also cause you some real system slowdowns.. I would consider uninstalling some of them.

Thanks for sharing your configuration! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas
E

eight

Thread author
You should not use several AV's at the same time

You are absolutely correct.

What I meant is that I use any one of the 3 protections I have mentioned & not all at once, hence the slashes.

As for the On-demand Scanners, I run them weekly or fortnightly & again not all at once.

If you look at my start screen image you will see that I currently only have Windows Defender & zero scanners.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Besides your explanation everything is configured well.

Any reasons why not upgrading 8.1?

For extensions you may add Lastpass for password manager and Adguard for adblocker/malware protection.

:)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Other than a Password manager and upgrading Windows 8 to the current version your config looks good.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
You are absolutely correct.

What I meant is that I use any one of the 3 protections I have mentioned & not all at once, hence the slashes.

As for the On-demand Scanners, I run them weekly or fortnightly & again not all at once.

If you look at my start screen image you will see that I currently only have Windows Defender & zero scanners.

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Hummm, everything is clearer now :) Welcome to our forum by the way!

Have a nice day! :)

E

eight

Thread author
Other than a Password manager and upgrading

Windows 8 to the current version your config looks good.
Your inputs are much appreciated, I have answered your concerns below.
Any reasons why not upgrading 8.1?
Windows 8.1 is merely a service pack released as an Operating System by Microsoft Corporation probably in a
crazy rush for of all the flak that Microsoft got for Windows 8 from users worldwide, but that is just my opinion.

I like the look of Windows 8 with the absence of the Start button & the hidden Power button.
For extensions you may add Lastpass for password manager

and Adguard for adblocker/malware protection.
So far I have not felt the need for password managers & ad blockers.
Welcome to our forum by the way! Have a nice day!
Thank you & likewise.
Hi! Eight! Thanks for your PM's and your trust!
You are totally welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is very strong:eek::D.
Thanks for sharing:).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.