Emsisoft Anti-malware license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
I accidentally misread the title where i bought emsisoft antimalware. I thought it read 1pc for 3 years but instead it read 3pcs for 1 year. I bought two licenses. I don't need protection for 6 computers. If i wait to activate 1 of the licenses in a year or so will it still be good? Again assuming i don't activate it until then.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Providing you received 2 keys, then yes. Assuming you only activate 1 key, for either 1,2 or 3 pc's.... The other key will remain dormant, and fresh as long as you don't enter it.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Good choice, the licence mess is a bummer, though. As far as I know, licences have to be activated within 10 months from purchase date. The license period starts when a key is used for the first time on the respective computer. If you received one licence key to cover all 6 computers, the clock starts ticking when the first key is used. If you received 2 separate keys for 3 PCs each, you could hold back from using the second one for another 10 months.

On the other hand, Emsisoft is pretty cool with their support, so you might just want to shoot sales@emsisoft.com a mail and explain the situation. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't give you a quick fix. :)

ncage

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2017
Good choice, the licence mess is a bummer, though. As far as I know, licences have to be activated within 10 months from purchase date. The license period starts when a key is used for the first time on the respective computer. If you received one licence key to cover all 6 computers, the clock starts ticking when the first key is used. If you received 2 separate keys for 3 PCs each, you could hold back from using the second one for another 10 months.

On the other hand, Emsisoft is pretty cool with their support, so you might just want to shoot sales@emsisoft.com a mail and explain the situation. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't give you a quick fix. :)

Ya its probably better to be safe than sorry. I have emailed sales and will report back what i find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.