Emsisoft Anti-Malware US$9.99 (version 9)

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Hi all, after noting the change in the EAM task bar icon, I went on to discover Emsi are offering EAM at $9.99 (one year only, aww, boo, grumble)

I just purchased a year :) No indication that I could find of why (presumably to promote version 9) or how long though :(

As I already have the best part of a year left on my current licence, I'm not sure whether I can simply paste in my new licence code to automatically add the year on to my current. I'll be emailing support for advice and will post their reply.

Edit: just found the answer at https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowl...how-can-i-renew-multiple-license-keys-at-once
"Renewing a license is easy: Just click the "Buy renewal" link in the software's license settings dialog and you'll see a website with our best price for renewing all computer's licenses at once. Including all applicable volume discounts and bonus-years discounts."

Get it while it's hot! :cool:

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Be aware that these promo keys have to be activated within two months of purchase. Thus they cannot be stockpiled for later activation and from what I've learned they cannot be merged with existing keys in order to extend a current active license either (though I am not 100% sure about the latter). I think this promotion is intended for people who are unsure if they should buy EAM or not and not for active license holders.

See Christian Mairolls statements on Wilders Security Forums regarding this.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/emsisoft-anti-malware-9-released.365088/#post-2383234
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/emsisoft-anti-malware-9-released.365088/#post-2383243

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys n gals,

Emsi have said they will merge my two keys, my old licence with 221 days remaining, with the new one-year licence.

The only reason I didn't click on the 'Obtain a new licence' button on EAM licence page, was that I was suspicious of the complete facelift. Well actually I did click on it, and it took me through to the purchase web-page, but I then shut it all down and opened a new browser and went to Emsisoft, thought it might have been a phishing attempt.

Thanks for the heads-up Fleischmann but the Emsi support seems cool about it, he just offered me to merge the two licences.

I just had a look at EAM, offer is still there. Did anyone else take it up?

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Just in case the version 9 offer is still available, Ive had the two licence keys merged by Emsi support, I've still got my original key number, but the 365 days added :eek:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.