Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
What would provide better protection? the Comodo suite or EAM with windows firewall in default settings? I believe both options are good but would be interested to hear your experiences/views.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
EAM and CIS combination is superb. ;)

Any security products can be alongside for Windows Firewall since isn't a 3rd party firewall that bundled of HIPS or BB.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Indeed, this combination would be superb but I think of one of those I refer two, as I don't want a heavy-loaded system. CIS does have a very good firewall, EAM itself does not, so WF should be enabled along with EAM.
I have license for both EAM and Online armor firewall but I remember online armor to be heavy for the system.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Update: decided to try EAM + OA firewall premium. Is it ok to install them seperately via their owns exe's and not use the security pack installer? Is there any difference?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Nikos751 said:
CIS does have a very good firewall, EAM itself does not, so WF should be enabled along with EAM.

It seems you are implying EAM has a Firewall, which it does not. Windows Firewall is switched on by Default, unless turned off by the user, 3rd-party security or malware.

I don't think it should be a problem using the separate installers, let us know how it goes..

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Earth said:
Nikos751 said:
CIS does have a very good firewall, EAM itself does not, so WF should be enabled along with EAM.

It seems you are implying EAM has a Firewall, which it does not. Windows Firewall is switched on by Default, unless turned off by the user, 3rd-party security or malware.

I don't think it should be a problem using the separate installers, let us know how it goes..

They are now both installed, all seems ok! two icons in tray, guess there is no need to set up exclusions.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

why not both?
You could install EAM normally while installing the firewall module of CIS.
The plus side of installing Comodo firewall is because it has BB (Behavior Blocker) where you have total control of your system.

Personally, I'm not a real fan of the windows default firewall and suggest to replace it with another one.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
XVSkulblaka7 said:
why not both?
You could install EAM normally while installing the firewall module of CIS.
The plus side of installing Comodo firewall is because it has BB (Behavior Blocker) where you have total control of your system.

Personally, I'm not a real fan of the windows default firewall and suggest to replace it with another one.

I had CIS, now I have EAM and OA firewall premium.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Nikos751 said:
I had CIS, now I have EAM and OA firewall premium.

Oh okay.
Well since both are from Emsisoft, why not Emsisoft Internet Security Pack?
It has all the features EAM and OA firewall premium combined.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
EAM + OAP = Emsisoft Internet Security Pack

"The Internet Security Pack consists of two standalone programs: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Premium."

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6042-official-online-armor-roadmap/?p=34675

Emsisoft haven't integrated the 2 programs into 1 yet. :D

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Earth said:
EAM + OAP = Emsisoft Internet Security Pack

"The Internet Security Pack consists of two standalone programs: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor Premium."

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6042-official-online-armor-roadmap/?p=34675

Emsisoft haven't integrated the 2 programs into 1 yet. :D

Maybe any special configuration (from the installer) when installing via the security pack package?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never tried Emsisoft Internet Security Pack before, plus it's a 230MB download. I would think it's easier and more convenient to download one package instead of 2.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For installation of Emsisoft Security Pack, surely it does same process like for standalone.

It could be combined interface for faster setup.

The only thing that, you are paid by one time transaction (ESP) unlike doing another 2 transactions for different prices.

Unless trialing it first.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I removed both programs, as I encountered internet connectivity programs and firewall interface hang two times after booting. EAM is great, but I got angry and removed it both xD . Avast IS or Windows 8 Defender + Windows firewall and no problems. I will decide soon which setup of those I will keep. CIS was great too but I want to try sth else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.