[Emsisoft Articles] RDP brute force attacks: 5 tips to keep your business safe

Do you feel concerned by this type of attack?

• Yes, i own a business or i manage a business' security.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I will post here what i believe are relevant or informative articles.

we start with:

RDP brute force attacks: 5 tips to keep your business safe

The world’s workforce is becoming increasingly decentralized. The rise of remote working, outsourcing and cloud-based technologies continues to blur geographical boundaries while enabling small and medium-sized enterprises to tap into a deep and diverse talent pool.

To maintain the networks that support this type of working arrangement, many small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) rely on off-site tech support teams using remote desktop protocol (RDP) to diagnose and repair network problems. RDP allows for secure network communications between a terminal server and a terminal server client. It is commonly used by network administrators to remotely access virtual desktops and applications.

Using RDP does carry a certain level of risk, particularly because unguarded remote desktops are quickly becoming the favored point of entry amongst hackers. Sadly, many companies are leaving themselves exposed by not following a few simple security measures.

In this article, we’ll show you exactly how RDP attacks work and what you can do to protect your company from succumbing to this type of cyberattack. Read on to avoid becoming one of the next ransomware victims.

Read more here

Oriented for businesses but i believe it can be informative for some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.