emsisoft gone crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
You should never set your real-time AV to delete detected files, always make sure that it is set to quarantine them or move to virus chest, etc. that way if there is a faulty signature update, you can always restore the detected files.

I totally agree, i never let any software (especially AVs) to do something by themselves automatically, i know what is in my system so when an event appears, i want to knw what the source and why it happened.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
+1 umbra. OA+AVAST was BSODS for me. Hmm sometimes AV scanners do get detected as viruses. But at least EAM gave you a usable system not like McAfees update failure which ruined many XP machines. And many organizations run McAfee enterprise.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:
You should never set your real-time AV to delete detected files, always make sure that it is set to quarantine them or move to virus chest, etc. that way if there is a faulty signature update, you can always restore the detected files.

I don't even have AV's automatically quarantine files. I prefer to have them ask me about it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
Littlebits said:

I don't even have AV's automatically quarantine files. I prefer to have them ask me about it.

I agree but not all AV's have that option.

I prefer my AV to first Ask and if that action fails then quarantine.
Most AV's will have a first and second action, some like Avast even has a third action.

The one thing that I didn't like about Norton is its first action is to quarantine then delete, it doesn't allow you to set your default action to Ask. With the community watch with so many false positives, this was very annoying. I don't know if they ever fixed this. I know it was requested in their forums.

Good day.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.