Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Try them and find out which is the best for YOU.
All AVs can do a great job if you know how and what are you doing with your PC.

From my experience as i have tried both:

-Detection/Signatures = ESET
-Fast update to detect 0 day samples = ESET
-System resources and speed = ESET
-Detection of adware (PUP) = ESET
-WEB detection = EMSISOFT
-Program Stability (no crashes, BSOD, bugs etc.) = ESET
-Behavior Blocker = EMSISOFT

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I love both, I wish I can choose twice. But ESET gives me some problems

Try them and find out which is the best for YOU.
All AVs can do a great job if you know how and what are you doing with your PC.

From my experience as i have tried both:

-Detection/Signatures = ESET
-Fast update to detect 0 day samples = ESET
-System resources and speed = ESET
-Detection of adware (PUP) = ESET
-WEB detection = EMSISOFT
-Program Stability (no crashes, BSOD, bugs etc.) = ESET
-Behavior Blocker = EMSISOFT
In my opinion, WEB Detection = ESET :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Giannis

Level 2
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
Eset has better web detection than Emsisoft. I've been using both for a quite a while now. Emsisoft is a winner though when it comes to zero day protection, thanks to its behavior blocker. You might have an increased system startup if you decide to use it. When it comes to system stability, Eset gets a point. Emsisoft releases software updates very often so any problems that currently exist right now will be solved within the near future. My vote goes to Emsisoft though thanks to its outstanding behavior blocker.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Andrew999, I liked your choice of the operative word, 'Better', forgoing the misleading word trap, 'best', with which to consider the two comparatively.:) I'm in agreement with @MikeV's view to "Try them and find out which is the best for YOU." which supported @Alexstrasza's "Each has their own strengths and weaknesses, so there is no "best"."
I love both, I wish I can choose twice. But ESET gives me some problems
Agreed as I love both too,:) although our personal experiences resulted in opposite outcomes respectively.;):p
Thank Goodness we've such great choices that allow us to find which can work 'better' with our own unique systems rather than a single product called "EMSIS-set" or "Es-SETsoft"!:D

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
To be honest, you can actually use both if you have a strong enough machine. Just use Emsisoft Anti-Malware instead of Internet Security, and voila - you got the protection of both brands :D
That's terrific :cool:& great!!:p

Update: ..and would be even better 'if' I had a strong enough machine.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I cannot vote as I use both on different Operating systems.
EIS 9 on Windows 8.1
ESS 8 on Windows 7 SP1

Personally these two suites are very comparable.ESS provides a couple more features but in terms of security,resource usage,etc. I find them to be no different.Only problem I have with EIS 9 is the conflict with Oracle Virtual Box and it's Bridged Network Adapter driver.
You cannot go wrong with either one!!

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
I cannot vote as I use both on different Operating systems.
Only problem I have with EIS 9 is the conflict with Oracle Virtual Box and it's Bridged Network Adapter driver.
I use EIS v10 with Oracle VirtualBox without the bridged networking adapter driver, no problems (and before you ask, I don't do malware analysis - it's for private reasons).

Emsisoft is not to blame for the incompability though, the problem is on Oracle and their unwillingness to fix it.

That's terrific :cool:& great!!:p

Update: ..and would be even better 'if' I had a strong enough machine.:rolleyes:
EAM isn't *that* heavy on a machine IMHO. I have an acquaintance that runs ESET NOD32, EAM and MBAM (all paid) on a laptop and it lives just fine.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use EIS v10 with Oracle VirtualBox without the bridged networking adapter driver, no problems (and before you ask, I don't do malware analysis - it's for private reasons).

Emsisoft is not to blame for the incompability though, the problem is on Oracle and their unwillingness to fix it.

EAM isn't *that* heavy on a machine IMHO. I have an acquaintance that runs ESET NOD32, EAM and MBAM (all paid) on a laptop and it lives just fine.
Well, then 'all news' definitely is Not bad news after all!:):) ..and the kind I like best!:D
EIS v10 w/o bridged network adapter driver, check.;) I shall certainly add these morsels to marinade along side my other noteworthy "Maybe I should..." ideas.
Thanks!:D

Reactions: Logethica

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Well, then 'all news' definitely is Not bad news after all!:):) ..and the kind I like best!:D
EIS v10 w/o bridged network adapter driver, check.;) I shall certainly add these morsels to marinade along side my other noteworthy "Maybe I should..." ideas.
Thanks!:D
Be noted that the bridged networking adapter driver is pretty stubborn - a general uninstallation of VirtualBox won't remove it. You need to input a command in elevated CMD to get rid of it.

(Now I need to go search on what it was...)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
ESET and Emsisoft have their own components to blend on their traditional protection capabilities, one is BB and other is HIPS.

There are pros and cons but if I need to choose then its Emsisoft BB as implemented with reputation based for better accurate analysis meanwhile ESET HIPS need to be configure more by an experience user.

In terms of protection and detection capabilities it can be from ESET and one of the advantage is fast response detection but although Emsisoft does well too but vary on their miss percentage.

Reactions: omidomi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.