App Review Emsisoft Internet Security 11 prevention test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Great job by Emsisoft once again! Good web and file detection, but their phishing detection needs to improve more, and anti malware network will assist behavior blocker. So what can i say about this security software? At the end of the day, I will say Emsisoft is strong right out of the box with no tweaking needed. Plus no system performance impact, while keeping your device protect all the times, and user friendly software and community as well.

Reactions: maximus

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Great job by Emsisoft once again! Good web and file detection, but their phishing detection needs to improve more, and anti malware network will assist behavior blocker. So what can i say about this security software? At the end of the day, I will say Emsisoft is strong right out of the box with no tweaking needed. Plus no system performance impact, while keeping your device protect all the times, and user friendly software and community as well.
I still prefer Bitdefender TS over emsisoft. I was really astonished by the fact that Emsisoft missed all the phishing websites

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I still prefer Bitdefender TS over emsisoft. I was really astonished by the fact that Emsisoft missed all the phishing websites

Phishing site is better than drive-by-download malware site, and you know it really hard to detect Phishing sites, and sometimes they are not going to last long compare to drive-by-download malware site. I did used BitDefender, and let me tell this software is not super buggy at all, but one thing i have a problem with is the RAM usage. I were astonished of BitDefender whooped into 500MB of RAM usage idle after i cleared exclusions of MBAM on BitDefender. Also, you can add BitDefender Traffic Light extension onto Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, or Safari.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Phishing site is better than drive-by-download malware site, and you know it really hard to detect Phishing sites, and sometimes they are not going to last long compare to drive-by-download malware site. I did used BitDefender, and let me tell this software is not super buggy at all, but one thing i have a problem with is the RAM usage. I were astonished of BitDefender whooped into 500MB of RAM usage idle after i cleared exclusions of MBAM on BitDefender. Also, you can add BitDefender Traffic Light extension onto Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, or Safari.
For ram, it you have more Bitdefender uses more (photon) but it doesn't slow down the system

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
For ram, it you have more Bitdefender uses more (photon) but it doesn't slow down the system

But still, 500MB of RAM usage is ridiculous and unacceptable for an antivirus running these days. Even Kaspersky Internet Security haven't get pass over 180MB of RAM usage for my case,and i can tell you that Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 haven't slow down my main gaming rig compare to BitDefender that i begin to feels system impact after i cleared exclusions of MBAM. As for Photon, it supposed to slow down the RAM usage doesn't matter of how many RAM total you have on the system, and it doesn't makes any sense to me that half of users BitDefender experience high RAM usage while half doesn't.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
But still, 500MB of RAM usage is ridiculous and unacceptable for an antivirus running these days. Even Kaspersky Internet Security haven't get pass over 180MB of RAM usage for my case,and i can tell you that Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 haven't slow down my main gaming rig compare to BitDefender that i begin to feels system impact after i cleared exclusions of MBAM. As for Photon, it supposed to slow down the RAM usage doesn't matter of how many RAM total you have on the system, and it doesn't makes any sense to me that half of users BitDefender experience high RAM usage while half doesn't.
That's strange. I installed Bitdefender TS on different computers and ram usage was around 200 megs. The system was still fast without any slowdown

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Emsisoft have their own reason to implement on blocking web based threats which why phishing protection is limited as mentioned at all but if I'm not mistaken they are probably plans to implement that category.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.