App Review Emsisoft Internet Security Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Emsisoft Internet Security Test
Uploaded to YouTube by Pokerwaffle

Kindly N.B.
The review of this software is not carried out by me.
Any questions or criticisms should be directed to the author of the video.
These videos are posted here for the communities entertainment value only :)

Last edited by a moderator:

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I can't say I'm surprised with the excellent results. (Now, about that background music... :p)

I

illumination

I am not surprised at these results either. I use Emsisoft "Emergency Kit" as part of my tool collection, using it and several other's to proactively create an over-lapping field of detection. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Those two products really match up for having their own IS package. Both were full blown developed.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Until recently I'd run OA "free" and "premium" on and off over the past few years. It's always been my favorite of the FW/HIPS apps but occasionally it would get a little quirky on my XP Pro SP3 setup in terms of CPU usage spiking.

Until yesterday I'd only run the free version of EAM but now (thanks to Jack) I've upgraded to the licensed version and am running the Internet Security Pack for the first time.

As a long time user of Sandboxie (paid version), I totally concur with the conclusion presented at the end of the video review...that is that the combination of the Emsi Internet Security Pack and Sandboxie is very hard to beat.

In terms of the options, I am currently using the suite with both the "behavior blocker" and HIPS working in tandem. Thus far no conflicts at all.

I am not using the EAM "Surf Protection" since I have "website blocking" enabled in Malwarebytes Pro and also use Adblock Plus with malware and other subscriptions enabled within Firefox.

Fully realizing that the current setup has only been running about a day thus far, I can at least report that absolutely no conflicts have been noted and that everything is running smoothly and quietly.

I had feared that the behavior blocker might be overkill (and perhaps it may yet prove to be) but to this point it has been very quiet except for alerting to a few old programs that I ran just because I anticipated that it would generate an alert. Once the alert was answered everything continued perfectly.

At the moment I couldn't be more pleased with my current setup. The only thing I changed in terms of my prior setup was to take WinPatrol Plus off real-time monitoring since the behavior blocker seems to cover all the same areas that WP would ordinarily alert to.

In summation, I highly recommend this setup for anyone looking for alternatives or possible upgrades to their current security apps.

D

Deleted member 178

I was i long time user of EAM + OAP, now i am most satisfied by my EAM + CIS + Sandboxie trium-vira :D , dont forget that OA/OAP have some issues when working with Sandboxie (chrome cant connect, aero disabled by OA's runsafer feature,etc...).
You have a list of these issues on Emsisoft support forum.

Z

ZeroDay

I've just switched from comodo to oa free and I must say that so far I'm very impressed. The hips in oa free seem a lot more imformative than comodos d+ and just better all round if I'm honest.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
blues said:
In summation, I highly recommend this setup for anyone looking for alternatives or possible upgrades to their current security apps.
The combination of EAM and SBIE looks very attractive to me, if I was to choose a real time antimalware, at this time I would go for EAM or Eset. Nothing else attracts me.

blues, I tried Mamutu:cool: for a few days a couple of weeks ago and I was delighted on how well it behaved together with SBIE. I did not notice anything that resembled a conflict or issue. If I was to use it for good, I would keep the blocker on default settings instead of paranoid mode. That way, the prompts are for real threats, nothing else.

Bo

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I never bothered with the paranoid mode, bo...overkill imho.

So far, so good. (It took a bit to draw me back into trying a real-time AV but I'm happy with what I've experienced thus far.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.