Advice Request Emsisoft Internet Security worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastynate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Is the emsisoft IS version worth it? How good is the firewall and would a Emsisoft AM and Windows Firewall be enough to protect an Windows pc (specifically Surface Pro 3)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For sure, Windows Firewall with Emsisoft Anti-Malware would be OK, but to fully benefit from Emsisoft's additional features you can opt for Emsisoft Internet Security, which include their own Firewall.

You can read about the improvements made to Emsisoft 11.8 here:
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11.8 released

Although I have not used Emsisoft Internet Security, I cannot comment on:
  • Effectiveness
  • System Impact
  • Ease of use
But.. I have read mostly positive reviews about Emsisoft.

If you are interested and eager to find out for yourself, you don't have to buy today, as they generously offer 30-days for free.

upload_2016-6-6_0-28-39.png

Visit Emsisoft Internet Security | Emsisoft or Emsisoft Anti-Malware | Emsisoft

nastynate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
I've tried out EIS already and I remember all the firewall does is close open ports, and kinda protect from public wifi. (Which I can use a VPN to be really secured on a public wifi) and I think thats it. I don't remember HIPS or anything like that.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
What do you intend to use your Surface Pro 3 for?

It really depends how you are going to use your computer.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Mostly note-taking and probably video editing.

How about surfing? How is your surfing pattern? Do you do download often? how about torrent?
Do you use instant messaging apps? Do you do online banking too? Probably we can gauge better by knowing those.

nastynate

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2014
Yes I torrent sometimes but for this particular tablet i'm not going to torrent that much. Maybe only once or twice and I don't do any online banking as of yet.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I agree with Huracan's feedback and input.
I have used and beta tested both products and like them a lot.
A solid software simple as that, that's worth the price of admission.
The support staff are among the best I have seem.

H

hjlbx

Is the emsisoft IS version worth it? How good is the firewall and would a Emsisoft AM and Windows Firewall be enough to protect an Windows pc (specifically Surface Pro 3)

Only better firewall is COMODO's.

Emsi firewall was tested along with all the other vendors' some years back. 1st - COMODO, 2nd - Emsisoft, 3rd - Bitdefender, 4th - Kaspersky,...

EIS should be sufficient to protect Surface Pro 3 - unless you are a high risk user.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Emsisoft is definitely one of the good ones when it comes to ease of use and effectiveness, but in terms of resources in my experience it does slow down the system a little bit, but not so much that it would annoy. And for the price point comparing it with other AVs it's one of the cheaper ones and provides amazing protections in terms of signatures and behavioral blockers.

Overall a very good choice

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Of course its worth it, straightforward internet suite with only important configuration for setup.

Emsisoft is one of the very few companies holds the integrity on their products. ;)

secone

Jun 10, 2012
I started using Emsisoft's Internet Security back when it came as two separate entities: Online Armor Firewall and Emsisoft AntiMalware. I was elated when Emsisoft introduced their "Suite" which is now in its 12th version. From day one I have never looked back and I have recommended EIS to countless people who have had the same results I have had. To me there is no better Internet Security software out there.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Emsisoft IS is one of the best security products I've ever used. I've never used EAM, so I can't comment on whether EAM and WF would be enough or not.
Reasons I like Emsisoft's products (EAM and EIS):
  • Extremely easy to use.
  • You can customise the settings to your liking.
  • The surf protection is amazing. You can see the list that is built-in to the software but you can also add your own list. I've added Peter Lowe’s Ad and tracking server list to block ad and tracking servers system-wide.
  • The behaviour blocker is by far the best I've had experience with.
  • Emsisoft's support is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.