App Review Emsisoft Mamutu Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This was requested a while and never got round to but now I have, Enjoy. Also I've never really used this program so if there is something that I can improve on let me know. :)

Also remember to use the Larger Player option for HD ;)

lufzI.png

>> http://youtu.be/Wt64ZBSSOv8

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Gnosis said:
I have no evidence to prove it, but I believe that TF has it whipped.

What do you mean by whipped? A bit lost there?

Great program it is. Had to go through the settings before I started the video as I hadn't use that program as much. On the other hand Umbra would of known what to configure. ;)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Via "whipped" I imply an exaggeration, which is that TF can beat it if they are both set to high alert, but I really think it would be close if ThreatFire went head-to-head with Mamutu against the same threats.

P

Plexx

I believe it would be a very close call between TF and Mamutu.

Mamutu on paranoid mode will fire up pop ups like crazy but still not as much as TF on lv5.

P

Plexx

McLovin, care to do a second Mamutu test but on paranoid mode? Cannot see the video on youtube so unsure if it is on default or paranoid.

Please however learn basic rules for every tasks prior to start the recording (i.e, open IE, open notepad, killswitch etc).

Basically the same taming as you done for TF lv5 before.

I am pretty sure TF will have the upper hand but only by a small margin as said on my previous post.

Gnosis will surely appreciate the test:)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
McLovin, care to do a second Mamutu test but on paranoid mode? Cannot see the video on youtube so unsure if it is on default or paranoid.

Please however learn basic rules for every tasks prior to start the recording (i.e, open IE, open notepad, killswitch etc).

Basically the same taming as you done for TF lv5 before.

I am pretty sure TF will have the upper hand but only by a small margin as said on my previous post.

Gnosis will surely appreciate the test:)

Sure, will get and do that later today. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.