Advice Request Emsisoft Mobile Security + AdGuard config

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
Hi,
I have a question ... I have to phone programs as the topic and I wanted to ask you whether it makes sense to run the AdGuard safe browsing and firewall if it is too emsisioft mobile security that has secure browsing?

thx

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Not sure about Emsisoft. But I run Adguard with Eset Mobile Security and everything works.

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
hi zero, and you have enabled safe browsing and firewall in AdGuard?
I ask because I wonder whether it makes sense to use the safe browsing option in Aguarda since it is Emsisoft

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Not sure userone. I just installed Adguard and let it run. I have not fiddled with the settings yet.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
If you use Adguard free version, it should be no problem because the free version just blocks the ADS and no safe browsing option is enabled (only paid).

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
just I forgot to add that I have AdGuard paid version with a lifetime license:)

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
You don't really need any sort of anti-virus or ad protection on an android if you download APK's from only the play store. Risk of your device being exploited through the web is just so unlikely for everyday users, but if you really do need anti-virus on a phone i'd say Emsisoft is a good choice. Try using a different/Alternate browser to the default though. E.G. Aloha Browser. Also, make sure you're always on a proxy/VPN. It may decrease your speed but the extra protection is much required

Reactions: Venustus

userone

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
You don't really need any sort of anti-virus or ad protection on an android if you download APK's from only the play store. Risk of your device being exploited through the web is just so unlikely for everyday users

And so I've heard but I won a license to emsi so maybe worth using

Also, make sure you're always on a proxy/VPN. It may decrease your speed but the extra protection is much required

I do not have root on my phone I am so I can only VPN that is created on the phone by AdGuard

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.