Encrypt your cloud with Boxcryptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Encrypt your cloud with Boxcryptor
Boxcryptor protects your files in the cloud no matter if you use Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, SugarSync, Box, or any other major cloud storage provider. It also supports all the clouds that use the WebDAV standard such as Cubby, Strato HiDrive, and ownCloud.

Are you storing sensitive files in the cloud?
If you are storing or would like to store your files in the cloud, make sure these are securely encrypted before uploading them to the cloud. Encrypting your files will safeguard the privacy of your data; especially important when you are storing sensitive corporate data or personal information that should never fall into the wrong hands.

Boxcryptor has made cloud security easier than ever
Boxcryptor is the right solution for all private and business needs. Once you have installed Boxcryptor, you can easily encrypt files and store them in your cloud provider's folder (e.g. your Dropbox folder). You keep control of your data and enjoy 24/7 peace of mind knowing that your data is securely stored in the cloud.

With Boxcryptor you don't have any problems to access your files on the go - anywhere and anytime. Our Boxcryptor apps for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 give you quick and easy access to your files from your mobile devices at your convenience.

Start using Boxcryptor and secure all your files and folders in your cloud today!

Boxcryptor | Encryption for cloud storage | Window, Mac, Android, iOS
Download Boxcryptor

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for sharing!
Want to clarify on the limitation.
Does it mean I can only use it on 1 PC i.e. install only one laptop but not possible if to install on multiple PC but use only single cloud storage acc?

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I think it's better to use something like encfs. Opensource, really strong encryption(AES), easy to use, works on Linux, Windows, Mac OS.
EncFSMP download Here a GUI for this amazing software :)

Reactions: Moose
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
so if i understand, you encrypt a folder then this folder is uploaded?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Looking for Files/Folders encryption that will block read/write ect...
So, that it will block ransomware from encrypting my files/folders.
Or I will be able to get back quickly!

Here is an example below in the video review. kruptos 2 professional.

Looking for similar software
? And will ENCFSMP do, what I am looking for?

Last edited:

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
To use EncFS :
- Set the folder where encrypted files are stored.
- A drive will be mounted
- You can modify file on the virtual drive, and files will be stored in the folder you set earlier.
- On your dropbox sync or other sync software, tell the software to upload encrypted files, and everytime you want to access to them or modify them, just mount the virtual drive.

Tell me if you don't understand, and i'll try to explain how it works in a better way :)

A cryptolocker can encrypt encrypted files. Software like encfs can't protect against it.

Reactions: arslan ejaz

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@thepierrezou,

In just about all his security video's he show kruptos 2 professional encryption protection files/folders ect....
Watch the video and the one posted early today in #6. In which he restore the files/folders and doc's encrypted
by kruptos 2 professional?

Against, I was wondering if there where other similar software? Watch and stop the video if needed.
Looking forward to your posts.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
@Moose I'm pretty sure EncFS can't do what you want. I know some software which can protect from cryptolocker, but they don't work the same way as Kruptos.
Bitdefender Offers CryptoWall Vaccine | Bitdefender Labs (bitdefender IS is able to protect the system too ^^)
CryptoPrevent Malware Prevention (I already used this, it's simple, and I've seen in a lot of test that it did a good job )
I don't remind other software for this, but if I would like to protect myself agaisnt cyrptolocker/cryptowall, etc... I would go for Foolishit Cryptoprevent.
CIS is able to protect the system with the Hips(and protected folders), and bitdefender has a module just for these kind of malware.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@thepierrezou,

Thank you! For letting me know about EncFS! But, I am software that is similar to kruptos 2 professional?
I am using for WinAntiRansom right now. Thank's to cruelsiter latest security video reviews.

Kind regards,

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
@Moose Bitdefender Is and Bitdefender crypto vaccine (somethng like that haha) don't encrypt files. Bitdefender IS or Comodo deny acces to files(you set which file you want to protect) and when the cryptolocker will try to encrypt a file, you'll see bitdefender has blocked acess to this file, etc...
And for Bitdefender Cryptovaccine, it just deny software on appdata to run(cryptolocker run themselves on the appdata folder)

But except that I don't see other software which can protect your files the same way Kruptos do.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
To use EncFS :
- Set the folder where encrypted files are stored.
- A drive will be mounted
- You can modify file on the virtual drive, and files will be stored in the folder you set earlier.
- On your dropbox sync or other sync software, tell the software to upload encrypted files, and everytime you want to access to them or modify them, just mount the virtual drive.

so basically it mimics a Truecrypt container.

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
With True crypt all files are encrypted and stored on a big file. But with encFS each file is encrypted. It's not really the same. You can't use true crypt with dropbox for example but with encfs you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.