Eset & Chrome

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Is there any prob between ESS/EAV & Google Chrome?
Sometimes websites loads very slow or page cannot be displayed in Google Chrome but at the same time those websites works fine in Internet Explorer.
Win 7 64

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Nope, im Using ESS and no problem at all, and my client also using EAV and ESS without any prob, have you tried fully uninstall the chrome and reinstall it back?

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
No problems here either. Check your extensions , I had Avira Browser Safety and Ghostery , in accordance to pages intended to do two different things at once and I became very slow browser. If I disable one, everything works perfectly .

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Look at your extensions.Disable one at a time and see if the problem is rectified and which one(s) is causing the issue

Reactions: scot

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It can be a factor to the internet itself where the sending and receiving of data tends to fluctuate which result on slowing to load a webpage. ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems the prob was due to ublock. I disabled it & no probs.
So uninstalled ublock & installed adblock plus & no probs now.

Reactions: bitbizket

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
-Is there any prob between ESS/EAV & Google Chrome?
Well, apparently there was this
http://malwaretips.com/threads/is-c...locking-your-security-applications-dll.43184/

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/content/common/sandbox_win.cc&l=43
"The DLLs listed here are known (or under strong suspicion) of causing crashes
// when they are loaded in the renderer. Note: at runtime we generate short// versions of the dll name only if the dll has an extension."

"imon.dll", // NOD32 Antivirus"

However I don't think anyone has reported an issue or problem so far due to this. Though an expert member might be able to explain more on this, I think.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It seems the prob was not due to ublock as I am again facing the prob.
Now I have excluded chrome under protocol filtering & no prob yet.
If the prob appear will post here.

Is protocol filtering in EAV too?
Any side-effects of excluding chrome under protocol filtering?

UPDATE - The way chrome is working now superb. So it seems protocol filtering is affecting chrome.
If the prob appears will post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bitbizket

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Is protocol filtering in EAV too?
Any side-effects of excluding chrome under protocol filtering?

Yes.
The danger of excluding a browser from protocol filtering is that you may get infected with threats while browsing the web.

Why Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.