Advice Request eset scanning problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
why when i full scan my window 7 using eset smart security it show this error...
image.png

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
it seems that eset unpacking module is damaged, however have you tried with ohers portable scanning tools? and the best you can do here is to reinstall eset again

PDT: in settings try to set the prerelease channel for updates instead of the normal, that will redownload all eset components again

Neiltullio

Level 2
Verified
Dec 25, 2013
No, ESET unpacking module is not damaged. ESET informs you that is not able to unpack these two files (one packed with Astrum I guess, second packed with UPX).

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
No, ESET unpacking module is not damaged. ESET informs you that is not able to unpack these two files (one packed with Astrum I guess, second packed with UPX).
I may say that something within eset is damaged due to the fact that as seen in the logs eset is unable read everything that is what i advice to reinstall the suite... after all is pretty easy to do and i would not take long...

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
it seems that eset unpacking module is damaged, however have you tried with ohers portable scanning tools? and the best you can do here is to reinstall eset again

PDT: in settings try to set the prerelease channel for updates instead of the normal, that will redownload all eset components again

another av can scan all my c:\ without problem...i have reinstall it many time and still get same problem...

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
I may say that something within eset is damaged due to the fact that as seen in the logs eset is unable read everything that is what i advice to reinstall the suite... after all is pretty easy to do and i would not take long...

i have do many time reinstall this software and still got same problem..

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Which version of Eset are you using?What are your settings for the context menu scan?If you are using version 9 make sure archive option is selected under the advanced setup>on demand scan>context menu scan>threatsense parameters>archives

You can try on demand scan with the option: Scan as administrator.

Last edited:

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
i have do many time reinstall this software and still got same problem..

well it seems that the problem is related to a misconfiguration of the product, please keep in mind that after you uninstall something some program leave traces for certain puposes, however i may suggest you to follow these steps to manually uninstall eset afters this you can reinstall it, then if this doesnt work i may be afraid that something in your pc is precenting eset from working the way it has to

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.