ESET Smart Security Configuration question

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SayanQ

Thread author
In independent testing organization, Avast Free usually test against those suite competitors but totality is impractical as they only measure detection rates/prevention/removal only.

If you want to tweak more then go to Avast Free/IS since they provide numerous components to tweak like Hardened Mode meanwhile for strong protection then ESET + HIPS to give you more control.
How to set firewall in eset smart security9 for strong protection?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I haven't tried Avast 2015/16 Beta but all the previous versions have been too much loaded ones, hate avast because of this.
Using ESET Smart Security 9, fees lighter than even ESET Smar Security 8, loving it.

However, since installing ESET NOD32 9, my WIndows 10 Pro 32bit Edge and Maxthon browsers become too much unresponsive.

Frozen

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
How to set firewall in eset smart security9 for strong protection?

You can manually define rules in esets firewall: Click Setup -> Network Protection -> Personal firewall options:
screenshot_257.png

-> Define rules:
screenshot_259.png

You could also set filtering mode for eset according to your desires

S

SayanQ

Thread author
You can manually define rules in esets firewall: Click Setup -> Network Protection -> Personal firewall options:
screenshot_257.png

-> Define rules:
screenshot_259.png

You could also set filtering mode for eset according to your desires

S

SayanQ

Thread author
I set it to Interactive Mode

I Currently renew my Eset license and Set HIPS to Interactive Mode is it ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@SayanQ : Smart Mode can be acceptable too, the difference is that will follow based on criteria for suspicious only. [lesser alerts as possible]

Reactions: SayanQ
S

SayanQ

Thread author
@jamescv7 Hi Eset Smart Security9 has a SSL Bug,So i removed it temporarily:(Any help should help.:confused:It not leting the webpages open.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Why did you removed it , maybe you could fix it.

I have a paranoid setting guide for an older version of ESET , check my signature to find it

Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.