App Review ESET Smart Security v6 Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
You should tell at the beginning which setting was used.

Sorry i am using Default. Sir When i Edit video using Camtasia it make the Quality of video very low. is there any way to edit video without getting any effect on the video quality.

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HMP wouldn't have detected any files, unless they were in the Temp files or were executed and not detected by ESET.

Also, do you have Rollback RX installed in your Virtual Machine, or are you using your host to test this? :s

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The way of conducted the review is likely same of one our member/moderator ;) + I have no surprised from ESET as web based threats are in a way could catch well without fuss.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Earth said:
HMP wouldn't have detected any files, unless they were in the Temp files or were executed and not detected by ESET.

Also, do you have Rollback RX installed in your Virtual Machine, or are you using your host to test this? :s

Really Video is going to long so i had removed a bit video & i had also scanned the pc with CCE. I am using RollBack Rx in my VM.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
MrExplorer said:
I am using RollBack Rx in my VM.

Why that?!! you should use it on your real system ^^

When i installed Windows 7 in VM i installed RollBack Rx & Make Snapshot. After Every Test i RollBack Pc. So Any Change by Virus would not affect the other test.

D

Deleted member 178

MrExplorer said:
When i installed Windows 7 in VM i installed RollBack Rx & Make Snapshot. After Every Test i RollBack Pc. So Any Change by Virus would not affect the other test.

hahahaha sorry ^^

You can reset your VM in a clean state (for example, just after you install win7 on it), it is why it is a VM !!! you have a function for that in the interface of your VM ... you don't need RX in a VM since a VM does what RX does but better :D

RX is for protecting your real system , not the VM ^^

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
hahahaha sorry ^^

You can reset your VM in a clean state, it is why it is a VM !!! you have a function for that in the interface of your VM ... you don't need RX in a VM :D

Which Features ???????

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Umbra is correct, your VM software does has the ability to snapshot itself which may locate on the menu bar but of course calculate the amount of free space you wanted to used it.

D

Deleted member 178

When you close your VM , depend of the product (Vbox or VMware) you have the option to save what you did or discard. So next time you start it, the VM will launch at the clean state snapshot.

Ckeck your menu bar, you will find the options.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.