EU Commission may fine Google a massive $1.1 billion

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google is facing an antitrust fine of more than 1 billion euros ($1.1 billion) from the European Commission for allegedly abusing its dominant position in the search engine market, according to media reports on Friday.

Citing people familiar with the case, The Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times said Brussels is preparing to announce the first of its trio of antitrust decisions on the company’s practices in Europe.

The European Commission’s antitrust body declined to comment to MarketWatch on the FT report, but referred to the latest steps taken in the case against Google.

Related: Karmic Justice: EU Does to Google What Google Did To Others With Net Neutrality | Coyote Blog

Dean Winchestere

Level 2
Verified
Mar 9, 2017
Sigh, when the lawyers come out it kills innovation. Everyone wanting a piece of someone else's pie. Not surprising.

-- On a side note, I just realized I can report myself for the duplicate post :D:D:D

Reactions: ZeroDay

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.