Advice Request EventSentry

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This proposed solution seems to be for servers, not for personal computers.
By the way, the article is more than a year old.
It is based on the well-known idea of tracking the number of file modifications. So that means even if it works, you will always lose a number of files until protection kicks in.

cognat

Level 1
Thread author
May 4, 2017
It not only for server but also for station. The idea it to detect the crypto beavior before it can spread on the network. Antivirus software try to detect crypto virus using the signature and I can tell you that it not effective, Our clients files are protected by backups so restoring the files it not an issue, the real issue it the time spend restoring or reinstalling infected client computers so if we can detect the crypto beaviors on a client computer and stop it from spreading on the network by locking down the station or even shuting it down this will reduce the time spend to restore the network state.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
You might consider looking at Appguard. It will prevent the ransomware from ever running

cognat

Level 1
Thread author
May 4, 2017
That what I was reading about it, The probleme with that kind of software it that it prevent the users for using somme untrusted abblication but even Internet Explorer and Windows do that, the problem is that the user will ignore it and get infected any way or they will complain that they can't do what the wont on ther computer. Am not looking for a solution that will give me more work that I already have. So far the best solution I found is to try to detect the beaviors of a crypto. But am open to other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.