Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I know this has been an ongoing issue with BD for along time ,but it surprises me that no official fix has been forthcoming!
There was a user created fix for this that worked well,however now it seems that it has been blacklisted by Bitdefender as a trojan(the file is safe).
Can someone shed any light with regards to this problem as the BD team are not very responsive to questios concerning this very frustrating problem!!:mad:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=42438

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If the BitDefender team will not fix this issue then you only have a few options:

1. Deal with the issue until they fix it.
2. Use another Antivirus (if you want BitDefender might give Bullguard, Emsisoft, F-Secure or G Data a try since they all use BitDefender's engine).

As it has been mentioned many times on this forum and many other online forums, blogs and user commits on download sites, etc. BitDefender appears to have many issues that makes it not worth using.

If this is the only problem you are having with BitDefender then you might be able to just deal with it. If not there are many other options to choose from.

Thanks.:D

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
This is the only problem I am experiencing with the product,and unfortunately I will have to uninstall as this is unacceptable since I spend a lot of time on youtube and closing even the browser, connection is still downloading!Might go back to Emsisoft.

Thanks!:)

V

Vextor

BitDefender, unfortunately, always has some issue somewhere, to conflicting with common anti-malware software like Malwarebytes (last time I tested it... anyway) to this type of issue. I feel that while BitDefender's detection ratio's are decent (haven't had a good chance to test it), this sort of issue is completely unacceptable to the end user.

BitDefender, fix your stuff up.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Vextor said:
BitDefender, unfortunately, always has some issue somewhere, to conflicting with common anti-malware software like Malwarebytes (last time I tested it... anyway) to this type of issue. I feel that while BitDefender's detection ratio's are decent (haven't had a good chance to test it), this sort of issue is completely unacceptable to the end user.

BitDefender, fix your stuff up.

Agreed!
I have gone back to F-Secure!!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh well Bitdefender's fault, they need to fix it and your choice couldn't stop from what is the right thing.

Seems one of the basis when an overall support reflected it.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
If it's a paid version, you might try switching to Bitdefender Free. Been using it since Christmas Day with zero problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.