LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Security and Privacy Concerns

Many other information security experts also recommend avoiding consumer SSO at all costs.

"Personally, I recommend people don't use social media single sign-on services. They represent a security and privacy concern for a number of reasons," Alan Woodward, a visiting professor of computer science at the University of Surrey, tells me.

For starters, "they are a single point of failure outside of one's control," he says. "I'd much rather use a password manager that I control, although obviously they are not invulnerable."

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I use brain.exe for my own (passwords). Definitely not advised for other people if remembering things isn't a forte for you. PW Manager's for other people would be a good idea. However for myself, I do not need to use one.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.