Explained: 'Stock' Android vs Android One vs Android Go (Video)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Watch here:

What’s the difference between stock Android, Android One, and Android Go?
Each is a flavor of Android, each originates from Google and all have a few things in common. But there are some big differences in the way in which smartphone makers use the open source software, how security updates are released, what pre-installed apps are included, and more. Today we’re clearing up any confusion.

Note: For clarity, we’re defining stock Android as whatever Google ships on its own hardware. There are obviously differences between the Android found on Nexus phones and that found on Pixels, but given the demise of the Nexus program, we’ll be referring to the Pixels’ software as stock Android throughout what follows.

Read more: Stock Android vs Android One vs Android Go

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I really wish brands like Samsung or LG adopted the android one program.
Their devices are so good, but the software experience is not coherent and updates are slow as hell.
I find fragmentation the reason why Android is still not widely considered better than iOS.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Really good informative post, thanks! I do agree most international top brands would adopt Android One. I have always loved Samsung flagships but their programs on Android are so... Lagwiz...

Reactions: brod56

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.