Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello everyone,

I sincerely apologize for the extended downtime all of you experienced from October 31st to November 1st. This outage was caused by a power issue at the data center where our servers are located.

Here is a timeline of what happened:

1. On October 31st at 4:27PM, the data center detected a fault with their power system during a routine inspection. This impacted our servers hosted there.
  2. At 6:53PM on October 31st, the data center staff shut down power to part of their facility to investigate the issue and develop a repair plan. This caused an outage to our servers.
  3. At 8:11PM on October 31st, the data center contractors gathered the equipment they needed to make repairs. The staff prepared the affected area.
  4. At 11:17PM on October 31st, contractors started emergency repairs on the data center's power system.
  5. At 2:13AM on November 1st, with repairs made, the staff restored power in stages, monitoring each stage for stability.
  6. Our servers regained power and came back online at 4:30AM on November 1st.

Total downtime: 11 hours 20 minutes

Outage log: System Status Page

I am working closely with our hosting provider to review procedures and prevent lengthy downtimes in the future.

Thank you for your patience and sticking with us through this disruption. I sincerely apologize again for the outage. We will find a better server setup so this does not happen again.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Great that we are back.
I was wondering if it is possible to send out an email to the users about the reasons if this happens again. Of course, it must then be possible to do this with one click without sending one by one.(y)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Great that we are back.
I was wondering if it is possible to send out an email to the users about the reasons if this happens again. Of course, it must then be possible to do this with one click without sending one by one.(y)
Email would be fine but Social media post would be a lot better. I checked both fb and tw but found nothing about site being down. Then I finally sent an email to "contact@malwaretips.com" and only then I knew what's going on.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I checked both fb and tw but found nothing about site being down.
I always check sites like malwaretips.com Down or Just Me ?
capture_11012023_191251.jpg

Whether it is DDoS or whatever, I can imagine that the stuff has a lot on their mind to make a detail report at that time, when they do not know exactly, what is going on.

Are you kidding? That's Social media. 🤡
It was, now it is PaidX for a spoiled brat, just like reddit. They are taking down social networks one by one.
The point is not $1, even if it was were just 1 cent, you will have to pay and thus provide your true identity.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.