Oct 23, 2012
Backup:
O & O Disk Image With BuildPE
Virtualization:
Windows Virtual PC : Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 32-bit
Shadow Defender
Sandboxie
Misc:
VirusTotal Uploader,TDSSKiller,Combofix,Dr Web Cure it,CCleaner,Reccuva,Wise Care 365,IObit Uninstaller

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
RE: White Nobster Config

For another extension on your Win7 I would recommend Bitdefender Trafficlight.
On-demand scanners I would recommend Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro (30-day malware removal trial).
That's all.

D

Deleted member 178

I see Acronis TI, Rollback RX and Shadow Defender; which OS has Acronis? since a imaging software like ATI is not recommended to associate with RX.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Looks good. The only thing that I can say that you can add to Firefox is Ghostery. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Malware Maniac said:
For another extension on your Win7 I would recommend Bitdefender Trafficlight.
On-demand scanners I would recommend Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Hitman Pro (30-day malware removal trial).
That's all.
Thanks,I have never tried trafficlight so i might give that a try

Umbra Corp. said:
I see Acronis TI, Rollback RX and Shadow Defender; which OS has Acronis? since a imaging software like ATI is not recommended to associate with RX.
I am using ATI 2013 on Windows 8 as The latest release of Rollback Rx wouldn't install on windows 8 and have used both Rollback Rx & ATI on Win7 since they are technically compatible they just have some limitations that you have to be aware of.One is that if you restore your system from acronis you will have to reinstall Rollback RX and then start the archiving process from scratch.The only thing I am aware of that is incompatible is the ATI "secure zone" feature which can't be selected during installation and a secure zone can't be created after installation. Presently I am using just Rollback Rx on Win 7. I apologoize for not making that more clearer in my post but thanks for the reply.

P

Plexx

ESET v6 user. Are you experiencing any memory leaks? To be exact drops of memory to between 15k to 30k memory. I am aware some users still experience above 100k memory leaks and goes sky high.

Reason I am asking is because I have v6 on a real machine and 2 separate VMs (1 vmware 1 virtualbox) and they all share the same leak, one way or another.

Other than that, good config.

D

Deleted member 178

ok it is what i guessed ;-)

I use all of them on Win7 (check my config)

there is. my tip to use ATI alongside RX:

1- create the ATI rescue disk/usb instead of installing it. that will avoid conflicts with ATI drivers.
2- boot from it and do a sector-by-sector backup; this method will backup RX's snapshots.
3- restore your system sector-by-sector from the rescue disk.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Biozfear said:
ESET v6 user. Are you experiencing any memory leaks? To be exact drops of memory to between 15k to 30k memory. I am aware some users still experience above 100k memory leaks and goes sky high.

Reason I am asking is because I have v6 on a real machine and 2 separate VMs (1 vmware 1 virtualbox) and they all share the same leak, one way or another.

Other than that, good config.
I have experienced memory leaks although not as high as some.There is supposed to be a hotfix out for ESET v6.0.115.0 RC which is to fix the memory leak problem.Im trying to find it and if I do will PM it to you.Im sure there will be another RC version before the release date which is January 15th 2013 according to http://www.computerguard.de/gehe-zu-seite-10-vf566-vt7752.html?start=135

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Oh :D i am also having KIS 2013 on windows 7 & ESET SS on Windows 8

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Im going to use continue using KIS 2013 on Windows 7 until my license runs out since Kaspersky blacklisted all my 1 year activation codes from those Windows 7 parties.I think when ESET vesion 6 is released I am going to go with ESET Nod32 Antivirus{since I still have 1 year activation codes} and Zone Alarm firewall on Windows 8.Thanks for the post though,it reminded me I need to update my config. :blush: When my Kis does expire I would like to use Bitdefender or Trend Micro.I have tested Bitdefender Total protection 2013 on Windows 8 and really thought it performed well and it is loaded with some really good features.Both of these seem to be always at the top of most tests lately.It might be a nice change of pace to actually pay for security software. :p NOT

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.